Florida Unemployment Question?

My hubby was laid off on July 9th. We filed unemployement that day and were told that week was a waiting period week. We were told to file his first weeks on July 21st and we did that. We had received in the mail th letter telling him how much he was going to receive. Here are my questions:

1. We did sign up for direct deposit. How long until we should expect his first check deposit?

2. How often is it paid in FL? I had it in AZ and it was weekly and you could go online and see payments. FL is very different.

Thanks for any help!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

My experience with Florida UEC is this:

If you completed your direct deposit information when you initiated your claim on Fluidnow.com, the state will tell you to allow 7-10 business days for your claim to be deposited into your bank. HOWEVER, when I filed by Monday, my check was usually available in the bank by that Thursday; your bank will ultimately decide when your funds are available.

Every other Monday, go to Fluidnow.com and file for your next two weeks. You will get a letter in the mail after each of your direct deposits to confirm your payment and to tell you when the next time to file.

If you'd like to know how much you have left in your unemployment account, go to Fluidnow.com and click on the "Claim your weeks" link; fill in your information and click "Get information" instead of "Claim Your Weeks."

Good luck!

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Florida Unemployment Question?

My hubby was laid off on July 9th. We filed unemployement that day and were told that week was a waiting period week. We were told to file his first weeks on July 21st and we did that. We had received in the mail th letter telling him how much he was going to receive. Here are my questions:

Source(s): florida unemployment question: https://shortly.im/goyqF
  • ?
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/ayfEH

You're right totally. The unemployment rate in Florida is 11.2% above the national average of 9.7% and it ranks No.5 in the country. The main cause is the Gulf of Mexico oil spill. The fishing industry over there is going down day and night. The government spending is increasing, but it is not enough, still.

• 5 years ago

This is an At Will state - except for minority or sexual misconduct you are as the lady said toast. They can you in multiple ways. For anyone who thinks this is a good idea and Unions are bad they should think and think hard if they really can at what this means to them and theirs. Up front - low minimum wages, flex employment meaning do what you are told when to do it, minimum weekly work hours, reduced or high cost benefits, limited to no retirement and on and on and on. yes Florida - some call it the Sunshine State, that is they with money and vacation folk, but all I can say is by experience the SIN STATE - rule by OLIGARCHY!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • pellot
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Fluidnow.com Claim Weeks

• 4 years ago

Fluidnow Claim

• 6 years ago

is there a minimum hour requirement per week?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.