Surprise or no surprise?

I'm having a bit of a dilema, I ordered my boyfriend a new telly for our house because we could kind of do with a new one and its his birthday coming up, but I ordered it so early thinking it would take ages to arrive but its coming today and its not his birthday til 5th September. I have nowhere in our house I... show more I'm having a bit of a dilema, I ordered my boyfriend a new telly for our house because we could kind of do with a new one and its his birthday coming up, but I ordered it so early thinking it would take ages to arrive but its coming today and its not his birthday til 5th September. I have nowhere in our house I could hide it, and he has the car so I can't move it anywhere myself, my question is, at 27 almost, is he too old for wrapped up surprise presents and should I just set it up for him for when he comes home??
Thanks in advance
Update: I forgot to add, he will be getting other presents from the kids and stuff, and I have got him some other bits from myself