Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Whats this movie with Gerard Depardieu?

I cant remember the plot exactly but the story is probably ment for teens, and its about him and his daughter and they go away on vacation...and then all I can remember is that she meets a boy and he doesnt allow it...or its something like that.

Please help, I really want to watch it again. Thanks in advance.

Favorite Answer

My Father the Hero (1994)

starring Gerard Depardieu, Katherine Heigl, Dalton James, Lauren Hutton, Faith Prince, Stephen Tobolowsky

IMDb synopsis:

A 14-year-old New York girl goes to the Bahamas for vacation with her French father. She gives her dad a hard time because of his lack of attention over the years. When she becomes attracted to a boy who works at the hotel, she pretends that her father is her lover in order to impress him. The strategy predictably backfires, and all the other guests give the dad a cold shoulder as he and his daughter both try to sort out their love lives.

This is a remake of a French film:

My Father the Hero (1991)

aka Mon père, ce héros.

IMDb synopsis:

Veronique [Marie Gillain], living with her divorced mother, is going on holiday to Mauritius with her father [Gerard Depardieu]. To impress a local boy, Benjamin [Patrick Mille], she manages to complicate the situation by making up a stories about her father. She presents him as her lover, a mercenary and even a secret agent which gets her into trouble and then her father has to start playing along.

Yep! Gerard -plays the father in both versions!

Also, there's another film you might consider, as it's about a father dealing with a teenage daughter:

She's Out of Control (1989)

starring Tony Danza, Ami Dolenz, Catherine Hicks, Wallace Shawn, Dick O'Neill, Dana Ashbrook, Matthew Perry

IMDb synopsis:

Doug Simpson lives alone with his two daughters Katie and Bonnie. Katie has just turned 15, and, when Doug is out of town on a business trip, she gets a full treatment at a beauty parlor. She removes her braces and her thick glasses. Without those, she is a beautiful young woman, and the boys line up outside the front door to date her. But, Doug won't accept that his little girl is being targeted by boys!

my father the hero