Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesPhoenix · 1 decade ago

Why is Tucson,AZ such a crappy city?

I can say that I have lived there for about 2 1/2 years and hated it after the first two months which was enough time for me to get to know what it is really like. Basically, it is a city of illegals (presumably, since they cannot speak english), bums, and hippies who grow weed in their bedroom (my neighbor, for instance). Oh yeah, and the police do not do their job of fighting crime and enforcing the law but instead harrass the general public like a bunch of sissies.

Me, Myself and Why: Yeah, Tucson does seem to cater to the idiots so that the population will always primarily be composed of losers. I'm definetly moving back to America.

Favorite Answer

hate it for all the same reasons u mentioned above & more. I moved to Albuquerque New Mexico,although not exactly a paradise there,isn't as bad as Tucson. Because Tucson it seems to attract the very kind of people nobody else wants around them. They are not normal American people. because Don Diamond controls the politics here. A real estate developer who has done so much to destroy Tucson's environment. Also Jim Click is real pathetic middle aged geek too. Tucson just loves being a wanna-be-Mexican city.

Superman, at least compared to Tucson,even the Phoenix metro area is hip and a real fun place to live!

Source(s): Lived in the Southwest for 11 years & 8 sad years of them in Tucson,

Dallas isn't a crappy city. I live here and I've lived here all my life. It's a lot better than alot of other cities. I mean, sure, downtown is a little dirty with a close-up look, but what downtown isn't. At least the skyl;ine is pretty from far away. And as for the rest of Dallas, it's not crappy at all. There are PARTS of Dallas that are crappy, like Oak Cliff and Pleasant Grove, but we can't let little places like that give the entire city a bad rep.

I lived in Tucson for 7+ years before moving to Tempe over 18 months ago. I think the city's slogan should be "Tucson, you're experience may vary."

Some people love it, some hate it. And some, like myself, are in between.

Tucson is great. Sounds like you lived in a south side apartment complex. Tough on you, north and east side are great, and having Mexican friends is a great way to learn Spanish. I go to school near Broadway and Ive had much better experiences meeting nice Mexicans than nice whites. (from a half white-half Hispanic, no personal bias)

I lived in germany and it sucked in comparison with tucson, same with chicago. Phoenix is to crowded too.

i hated Tucson..i lived in AZ for a total of 4 years and i felt likei had done something wrong or pissed someone off big time. My car was broken into twice and my apt was broken into one night while i was at work...its hot, i got tired of seeing dead bodies on the side of the road and the schools sucked..when my daughter went to school she never had books, just copied pages of her books..alot of my family still lives there and even tho they've been there a long time, most hate it, they just dont have enough $ to move ...as for the cops..one of the two times my car was broken into, they didnt even come investigate...just told me they'd send me a form..i hated it...i havent been back since i moved from there 11 years ago

Try living in Bakersfield, CA dude. Big by population only, and probably one of the last places with 300,000+ people and absolutely NOTHING interesting.

I like Tucson way better than Phoenix, it just depends on your likes- move if you don't like it.

I agree.

Lived there for 1 year and hated it.

Moved back to New Mexico.

Maybe you should leave tucson =)

its a college town. and tucson is effin awesome! i love it!