Why is Tucson,AZ such a crappy city?

I can say that I have lived there for about 2 1/2 years and hated it after the first two months which was enough time for me to get to know what it is really like. Basically, it is a city of illegals (presumably, since they cannot speak english), bums, and hippies who grow weed in their bedroom (my neighbor, for... show more I can say that I have lived there for about 2 1/2 years and hated it after the first two months which was enough time for me to get to know what it is really like. Basically, it is a city of illegals (presumably, since they cannot speak english), bums, and hippies who grow weed in their bedroom (my neighbor, for instance). Oh yeah, and the police do not do their job of fighting crime and enforcing the law but instead harrass the general public like a bunch of sissies.
Update: Me, Myself and Why: Yeah, Tucson does seem to cater to the idiots so that the population will always primarily be composed of losers. I'm definetly moving back to America.