bank account opening???

How old do i have to be to open an account at bank of america???I am 14yrs old..

Favorite Answer

A FEW DAYS AGO I GOT THE CHASE HIGH SCHOOL CHECKING ACCOUNT FOR THOSE 13-17. IT IS LINKED TO A PARENTS ACCOUNT. MY PACKAGE COMES WITH A VISA CHECK CARD. THERE ARE NO SERVICE FEES. ALL THE RULES APPLY WITH THIS ACCOUNT EXCEPT IF YOU OVERDRAFT IT IS TAKEN FROM YOUR PARENTS. SO BE CAREFUL. IT CONVERTS TO A FREE CHECKING ACCOUNT WHEN YOU TURN 19.

http://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?pg_na.

Source(s): IT BETTER TO GET ONE WHEN YOU GET A LARGE LUMP OR GET MONEY ON A CONSISTENT BASIC. I GO MONEY FROM MY BROTHER AND FROM WINNING ESSAYS.

it depends.....opening an account can be considered entering a contract, and if so you would probably need to be 18. it depends on the bank though. ive seen accounts opened for someone as young as 16. just give them a call, they will be able to help clarify.

old enough to have money basically. Here in California there is no age limit for savings; however I think you need to be 16 for a checking account. I think it is wonderful you know the benefits of saving for a rainy day! You are wiser than your years.

God Bless You

• Leah

check their website. You may need to have a parent/guardian also sign on the account.

Source(s): CPA, 25+ years in banking, finance.