Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 decade ago

How do i beat pandemic 2? Madagascar Pwning me.?

can you please give me a good strategy?

No links please it ruins computers.

Favorite Answer

I went with parasite, and kept restarting the game in realistic mode until I had a couple of traits under my belt (durable is a personal fav, and pretty common) and my starting symptom was fever. I think I started in Cuba.

I sold my symptom, and bought drug resistance 1 & 2. Then I concentrated my DNA pts on moisture resistance and cold resistance. Once I got those to level 3, I started buying heat resistance.

All this time, I did not have anything for transmission. I waited until every country was infected (yep, even got Madagascar). In fact, Madagascar wasn't even the last to get infected! They kept their ports open for a while.

Once everyone was infected, I finished putting points on resistances, and started in on transmission. Around this time my disease became famous (ooooh) and they started working on a vaccine. Since most of the hospitals are shut down, and my drug resistance is maxed out, I have about 400+ days to hang out and infect people. I also *just* bought vomiting. There's lots of reasons to puke, and it makes the disease really contagious, so it's made the poor researchers' jobs just a little bit harder.

I'm still playing this particular game, but once I have my transmission vectors maxed I'm going to start buying the more lethal symptoms. Since the researchers are so flummoxed, I'm hoping to have enough time. Or that the vaccine will make my parasite resistant to any further attempts (had that happen on an earlier game).

Hope this helps!

update: this seems to have worked! All the hospitals are shut down, so the vaccine development is on infinite. Everyone's infected and gonna die!

Source(s): Moi
    • Nakimako5 years agoReport

I ve been playing the game for about three hours straight. I got everything to level 3, and sold my symptom. My starting region was Madagascar, but now I can t get anyone else infected. I didn t buy any transmissions yet, and have already passed 100 days. Should I restart the game or no?

• chacko

Pandemic 2

Following your suggestions, I eventually managed to win the game:

- I was lucky to start on Australia. Also I had fever. Always as a parasite/realistic mode. No other traits.

- Due to starting location I was given Heat Resistance. I did not touch heat resistance for as long as possible, certainly not before other regions start closing their borders. This way I thought I would somewhat close the gap between Australia and other colder regions. I maxed Cold before touching Moisture, since I wanted to reach infectuous populations in other regions (it seems to be somewhere around 1/1000 and above) before Australia is in panic. So, for a short critical period of time I had a few disease spreading centers.

- At some point, once I had a few regions, I got rid of fever in order to stay at maximum infection state as long as possible. I took it again once I saw some ships going towards Madagascar hoping to enter there.

- I took no rodents etc. They do not seem to help with ships. What may help with ships is the resistance to drugs. I do not know for sure, but it seems right. I cannot exlpain here.

Later I had very limited evolution points (I had heat resistance maxed) and it took me a whole 3-4 months to help this planet get rid of its worst germ ever. I finished by 2009 March 5th or so. Madagascar was the last one to be infected. I even took heat resistance to be sure. However my score was only around high 50s, totally uncomparable to other people's scores.

The best way to get Madagascar is to start off with a parasite. Then what you want to do is make your only symptom fever. After this make the only transmission you have rodents. This is because they are the hardest to notice when you first only start with them. Also when you use rodents, it will take a long time to get countries at first, but they travel on the ships. This means that they will get to Madagascar. Madagascar only does one trade which is the ships and they really only do it with New Zealand. If you don't infect New Zealand, then it will be much harder to infect Madagascar. After you have waited and spent much time with the rodents, other countries with get infected quickly. Also the only things you should buy to begin with are all of the drug immunities and level one of hot cold and moisture. After you have a lot of countries infected, including Madagascar, buy insect transmission. This will allow you to get into every country unseen basically. After all of the countries, except maybe 1 or 2 are infected, use air transmission. Save water for last if you don't get all of the countries on air. If you do this correctly, you should have a lot of points, somewhere in the 60-80 range. Then once every country is infected, use your points to guy all the sets of symptoms are use your points and only guy heart failure or brain problems.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

can you please give me a good strategy?

No links please it ruins computers.

Source(s): beat pandemic 2 madagascar pwning me: https://shortly.im/UvUwl
  • To beat Pandemic 2, you must keep the visibility of your disease to a mere minimum. So, I strongly recommend starting with parasite. Furthermore, sell off any starting symptoms, and only place your DNA points into Drug Resistance 1 and 2. Then, wait until your disease manages to infect every region of the planet, including the extremely paranoid MADAGASCAR. Nevertheless, once the plague has spread to all the regions of the world, use your remaining points; I suggest high tier symptoms like heart failure or that brain damage inducing one. Then, increase the spread rate of the disease through water/air/insect/rodents. Most important, your disease must stealthily infect every nation before you can start causing havoc.

Source(s): President of Madagascar

i got lucky and started off in madagascar but it took a really long time for me to go to other regions the best way is just start small and once spread hit them with all the good stuff