Do you remeber Audie Murphy?

my dad had told me he was the most decorated service man in the wwII I use to think I would marry him when I was a little girl I thought he was so cute.Did you ever watch his old movies?

Best Answer

ill. Brother Audie Murphy was indeed the most decorated soldier of WWII.

Those of us who are members of the same Fraternal Organizations are very proud to call him " Brother " and be associated in doing honor to him and many other fine members of our Fraternities.

there is a web site dedicated to ill. Brother Murphy and you and others who are interested might want to visit it. it is

www.audiemurphy.com

• Lynn

My dad loved his westerns, including those that Audie made.

My husband likes them too, since he loves all westerns. I read

an article a few years ago, contesting the fact that Audie was

the most decorated of soldiers. There was one man who had

either one more, or several more. And he was deceased as

of course, was Audie. I wish I'd saved the article, as there was

a reference where the statement could be verified. And for

some reason, when the truth was made known, it wasn't

released to change the official status of Audies'

'achievement'. So here again was an example of the old

adage, that if the myth is believed, forget the truth and print

the myth. Whatever makes for good press, is what some

would say of Audie's military achievements. Much like his

namesake (Custer), back in his day. Audie, was Custers'

nickname, given him by his wife, Elizebeth Custer.

• Shar

I sure did and he was cute as a button and yes he was very decorated.. but unfortunately, the poor guy couldn't act his way out of a paper bag.. as my mom used to say. Audie's life started at meager beginnings and ended up not so good. But he will always be a hero.

My memory is short on Audie Murphy. I was in ww2 but did not serve with him. I seem to remember that he charged a machine gun nest and came back with a pile of captured prisoners. [ Don`t quote me. My memory may be lying to me.] However, he earned what he got. And yes, he was not cut out for acting. But a good man and a hero in my book. nuff said.

Most decorated soilder in WWII wrote a book " To Hell and Back" also made some movies.

I remember him quite well. I was telling my 11 year old grandson about him a few weeks ago. I remember that he was married to actress Wanda Hendrix for a short time. He also starred in war movies and Westerns. He was a true hero for America.

Yes, he looked and his voice was a dead ringer for my first husband. I lost my husband in a rip current when he was just 24.

I have often told my son how much Audie reminds me of his dad.

• Donna

Audie Murphy was my first moviestar crush! He was a real life hero and a good actor too.

Here is a link for those who aren't familiar with who he was.

A selfless American hero,he was an inspiration to

the Greatest Generation Ever.

My dad told me the same thing about him. Yes, I've seen a couple of his old movies.