When companies don't inform you that they've chosen someone else...?

have you ever given them a piece of your mind? If not, do you ever say anything at all? Do you just move on? Or what if you contact them for an update and they don't respond back? Do you just move on or do you respond in some other way?

I usually just move on and don't do anything. I am wondering if other people do something different.

Best Answer

I move on. I think it is RUDE when they do not inform you. If you come in to interview, they can at least send an email. I had an interview a couple of weeks ago. I know I was not chosen, but they said they would absolutely contact us either way. Yeah, right.

It is better to just let it go, in my opinion.

Unfortunately, this is the way things work, and giving them a piece of your mind won't help, and can backfire (unlikely, but not impossible). The good news is, slowly and indirectly, bad employers get what they deserve. When an employer disrespects a job seeker, that job seeker talks to other job seekers. Bad employers develop a bad reputation, which makes it harder for them to get good people. So, my advice is, move on -- would you really like to work for an employer that can't even be bothered to thank you for your efforts and let you know if you are no longer being considered?

Companies are not required to let you know if someone was chosen...Some do and some dont...i just get the picture when they do not call me..

I would never go off on them because you do not want to burn any bridges..what if i wanted to apply for another position within that company

Truthfully IMHO, the best thing to do, is move on, but if you have corresponded with this company at all by email, or if you have the email address of the individual you were interviewed by, I would strongly suggest to improve on future interviews you contact the interviewer/company and find out how your interview went, and what you could have done to 'improve it.'

Best way to further your career.

Just move on. You never want to burn a bridge. You never know when in your life you may again encounter those people or that company, and in what capacity.

That is about all you can do. A professional company will inform you and all other applicants they have made a decision and "thank you for applying and wish you luck"