Why Obama is already supporting Israel ?

Not yet president, but already supporting Israel.

Instead of supporting peace between both sides.

Why supporting one side ? that's exactly why there will never be peace in Middeast.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Trying to pander to New York

• 1 decade ago

because he wants too. Why does a person have to be president to support someone or something. I don't support Obama but if he wants to support Israel then so be it. And America has nothing to do with why there is no peace in the Middle East. They have been fighting long before there was ever a U.S.A. and also he did say he wanted there to be peace. Wow I can't believe I just took up for Obama..... I SERIOUSLY can't stand the guy.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nobody who sits in the Oval Office is not going to support Israel. But at least Obama has made slightly more movement toward the middle than McCain (for example, McCain never visited Ramallah when in the Israel area.) Depending on how cynical you are, Obama is either flip flopping and playing politics, or he is trying to be appealing to both sides of the conflict, so that he can possibly broker a peace in the future.

• 1 decade ago

I think you'll find that he visited the West Bank, did he not? That's not exactly "Israel" in the normal sense. That's one of the political hotspots. Did he only talk to the Israelis on that trip?

No.

If you want to foster and broker peace, then you must agree to support some of the aims of both sides. If you are only one sided, then you are not perceived as being a partner but as another player.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Because half of America supports Israel. Plus a lot of Israelis and Jews live in America.

The whole world looks down on Israel and it is such a main country and that people will know that if he is with Israel than he is for peace.

• 1 decade ago

Israel is our true ally in the Middle East. It's the only democracy with the same values as ours. I've been there a couple of times and it's a beautiful country. People there just want peace and to be left alone,but there are always terrorists threatening their existence. It's hard to understand if you've never been there.

• 1 decade ago

Farid, He needs the Jewish vote. Mc cucu is already supporting Israel. For peace true they should both met with the Palestinians too. Obama went and met with Pres Abbas but Mc cucu just gave him a call. Of course the US support but uses Israel, for its Interest in the Persian gulf

• 1 decade ago

He supports Israel because it is the only nation in the world that exists due to a declaration by a world governing body.

Israel must be supported even if Barack Hussein and his muslim roots are grudgingly being dragged along.

• 4 years ago

Yes, he's repeatedly stated his support for Israel. However, on the other side of the coin, a president that sought the UN is also wise, and not anti-Israel.

• Sophie
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I don't believe for a minute that Obama *does* support Israel, but he has to pretend like he does to get votes. A big percentage of Americans support thriving democracies like Israel and don't support terrorists like the groups trying to wipe out and claim victimhood from Israel.

• 1 decade ago

Israel is always opposing Arab-Muslim countries as they are caused of terror in their country.As USA faced terror attack at 9/11 by Osama.after that incident USA fight against terrorists.so Israel is allay of USA in this matter.That's why Obama supports Israel.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.