promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
得閒人 asked in 社會及文化語言 · 1 decade ago

can i rewrite the sentence as...

War crimes fugitive Radovan Karadzic has been arrested near Belgrade posing as a doctor of alternative medicine, sporting long hair, a beard and glasses to hide his face.

hi, i saw the above sentence in a newspaper, can I rewrite the above sentence as the following 3 sentences?

War crimes fugitive Radovan Karadzic, has been arrested near Belgrade, posing as a doctor of alternative medicine, sporting long hair, a beard and glasses to hide his face.

War crimes fugitive Radovan Karadzic, which has been arrested near Belgrade, posing as a doctor of alternative medicine, sporting long hair, a beard and glasses to hide his face.

War crimes fugitive Radovan Karadzic has been arrested near Belgrade and he posed as a doctor of alternative medicine, sporting long hair, a beard and glasses to hide his face.

Update:

actually, I want to know a suitable method to split the sentence

2 Answers

Rating
  • Baggio
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The suitable method to split the sentence :

War crimes fugitive Radovan Karadzic, whom has been arrested near Belgrade , posed as a doctor of alternative medicine, sporting long hair, a beard and glasses to hide his face.

War crimes fugitive Radovan Karadzic, which (cannot use which because he is a person) has been arrested near Belgrade, posed as a doctor of alternative medicine, sporting long hair, a beard and glasses to hide his face.

War crimes fugitive Radovan Karadzic has been arrested near Belgrade and (please change “and “ to “while” or “when” because the word “and” did not really tell the reader the timing between Karadzic was arrested and the time he posed as a doctor…)he posed as a doctor of alternative medicine, sporting long hair, a beard and glasses to hide his face.

Note : We used posed instead of posing because your sentences are in reported speech, while in the original sentence – the “posing as a doctor….” was additional information to describe the person.

Source(s): Myself
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

War crimes fugitive Radovan Karadzic has been arrested near Belgrade. He posed as a doctor of alternative medicine and sported long hair, a beard and glasses to hide his face.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.