ERICK asked in Education & ReferenceTrivia · 1 decade ago

Is titanic a true story?

IS TITANIC THE SHIP TRUE

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I can guarantee you that the RMS Titanic was absolutely real. I used to live in Cobh, a small town in Southern Ireland, where the Titanic had it's last port. There they made a museum and it's called the Queens Town Story and they have plenty of pictures and other Items that prove the existence of the Luxury Liner Titanic. The last port is marked and you can stand on the platform, they also opened a restaurant and bar, right next to it and guess what's the name. Titanic. Still many big ships and ocean liners, come into the harbor in Cobh. Most of them come from the USA, Japan and Spain. The Titanic is as real as the Lusitania which also sank and had a port in Cobh.

The only thing that's fiction is the story about Jack and Rose but it was exactly that what made the movie the most famous of all time. You can watch the older version which still is in black and white. There they tell you the whole truth about this terrible happening.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 5 years ago

The RMS Titanic was a true cruise ship which was originally just a Royal Mail ship which was soon changed to a passagener ship as well as the Royal Mail ship. Half way to America (specifically near the coast of Halifix) the Titanic collided with an iceberg. Because the Titanic collided with the iceberg sideways on, water flooded more compartments. The titanic could withstand at least 4 compartments flooding, but five compartments flooded. Because of this, the 'unsinkable' ship met it's watery grave too soon. In Galifix, America, there is a grave site for people who perished on titanic. Among the people who died, there is a tall grave marked by the name of 'the unknown child'. This child was found clinging onto a person in the water a few days after the sinking without a life jacket or any notification of who he was. Till this day no one knows who he is. The men who found the boy's body paid for a proper funeral and a coffin as they felt a sense of sorrow for the boy.

Source(s): My own knowledge
  • 5 years ago

The story about Jack and Rose in the film was fake. But there was a ship called the RMS Titanic that hit an iceberg and sank on the 15th April 1912. The ship was made of iron rivets in the stern and hull instead of steel, so the rivets were weak. The steel plates used became brittle in cold condition (ship sank in the northern Atlantic Ocean!) they also didn't have enough lifeboats aboard and the watertight compartments of were lowered.....the ship was practically doomed

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The movie is a fictional depiction based on the true story of the Titanic ... Which was a real ship which sank after hitting a real iceberg.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • brence
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Is The Titanic Real

• 4 years ago

titanic true story

• 4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/aw3Ub

No, it is based on a true story. Most of the facts were real. However, Jack and Rose were fake characters. I love that movie =) I just watched it on TV tonight!

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

RE:

Is titanic a true story?

IS TITANIC THE SHIP TRUE

Source(s): titanic true story: https://trimurl.im/b3/is-titanic-a-true-story
  • 4 years ago

The Real Titanic Story

• 1 decade ago

The Titanic is a vessel built in 1912. It was to set sail from London to America? So happenned it banged into an iceberg and thousands died while few survived. The story Titanic played by Leonardo Di Caprio and Kate Winslet is based on a true story, The titanic is a part of history. My guess is the film made changes here and there to make it sensational.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.