Looking for the name of a movie:?

I don't remember much about the plot, but it's about a serial killer. Toward the end, an adult son figures out that his dad is actually the killer. When the dad realizes his son knows the truth he kills him. I believe they are at a cabin in the woods by a lake.

I thought Bill Paxton played the dad but after checking his films I don't see it. I know it's not his movie Frailty. In this one, his son doesn't find out he's a killer until he's grown.

Update:

All good ideas but the movie I'm thinking of a is a straight crime thriller. There are no psychological twists with the killer. He's just hides his true colors from his family until the end.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Could it be either of these two films?:

"Our Father The Serial Killer" (2002)

Steve and Dianne Griggs from New Jersey, USA, are siblings in their forties who both claim to have memories of their father Steve Griggs committing numerous acts of murder, and claim he is a serial killer of children and some adults. They now spend their time investigating their father trying to find proof of what they are saying, which can neither be proved nor disproved by the police.

"Cold Creek Manor" (2003)

Wanting to escape city life for the countryside, New Yorkers Cooper Tilson (Dennis Quaid), his wife Leah (Sharon Stone) and their two children move into a dilapidated old mansion still filled with the possessions of the previous family. Turning it into their dream house soon becomes a living nightmare when the previous owner (Stephen Dorff) shows up, and a series of terrifying incidents lead them on a spine-tingling search for clues to the estate's dark and lurid past.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Adam C
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Maybe you are thinking of Flesh and Bone with Dennis Quaid. I always get Paxton and Quaid mixed up.

Some thirty years after Arlis witnesses his father murdering a family, he runs into Kay, who happens to be the family's baby who was spared. Kay and Arlis suspect nothing about each other, but when his father returns, old wounds are reopened.

• 3 years ago

I Dreamed of Africa is the only which starred Kim Basinger. "in case you had plausible to %. up, leaving each thing you knew and relied on in the back of, for a thoroughly new existence full of unique surroundings, unbelievable hardships and unknowable probability, might want to you do it? Kuki Gallman, an enthralling, inquisitive woman, escapes her comfortable yet monotonous existence in Italy to start up anew contained in the wilds of Africa inclusive of her son Emanuele and her new husband Paolo. even if first in awe of the fantastic skill of nature and the sense of freedom contained in the wild nation-state, Kuki quickly discovers that existence in rural Africa isn't a fairy tale existence. Wild elephants and lions roam the land unhindered; devastating storms ruin all of their route; and determined poachers ruthlessly homicide endangered animals. yet by the most attempting of setbacks, Kuki emerges resilient, full of power and prefer to take existence on lovingly and fearlessly." yet i do not bear in mind there being 2 lions who were killing everyone contained in the action picture. i imagine you have become Ghost & The Darkness and that i Dreamed of Africa both mixed up likely.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It could be Hide and seek, sounds similar to the story line in that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

hmm. sounds like hide and seek with dakota fanning

• 1 decade ago

sounds like hide and seek,but in that it is a little girl and i thikit is Dakota Fanning

• 1 decade ago

it definitely isn't hide and seek. has it come out yet? i don't think it is, but it sounds like the movie 28/5 which hasn't been released yet. but the plot is sort of similar. idk i wish i could help.

• 1 decade ago

kind of reminds me of Hide And Seek

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

road to perdition?

the dad is actually a hitman

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Fargo?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.