MAC makeup for wedding day ?

Does anyone know about how much MAC charges like in the mall and etc. to have them do your wedding day makeup????

Thanks!

• Kit
    Favorite Answer

As a matter of fact I stopped by the Macy's store last week and checked with the MAC counter to find out. They told me that they charge $50.00, but... you get that in product to take home.

They even told me that they take appointments to do wedding makeup. They were very friendly and helpful.

• safran

Mac Wedding Makeup

Mac Bridal Makeup

• LFM

I can officially tell you that I don't like MAC.

It really depends on the salesperson at MAC and every single female I have met there has an ego the size of an elephant. The men (though rare) have exceptional taste.

I had my makeup done there once and they didn't do anything special though I paid for it all. It looked very cakey and bland. Whereas my friend went to a salon where the makeup artist was trained and worked part time for MAC and was incredible.

Please please make sure you know who's doing your makeup before the wedding. It's a big risk to just trust your face to some random cocky stranger on the day.

Most of the "makeup artists" that work at MAC will hire out their services. They do this as a side business.

If you are interested I would go to MAC and have your makeup done to see if you like their work. (The MAC at my area mall requires a $50 purchase). I would ask first which artists are willing to do your makeup for the wedding. Find out if other people in your party want to have their makeup done too, this will save money in the long run.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axOtd

Always leave foundations, concealers and powders LAST. If you apply them first and then you apply your eye make-up, the eye make-up could smudge and then you'd have to whipe off everything and start over. So much easier to just wait until after you're done to apply your eyes. You could also go to a MAC counter or store and let them know it's your wedding and would like a nice, natural look. The only rule is you need to buy $50 in products, but you get to choose whichever products you want. I cannot stress enough how much you need to use primers! Eyeshadow primer (L'Oreal creaseless eyeshadow primer and Urban Decay Primer Potion) will keep your eyeshadows from creasing, running and disappearing off your lid. A foundation primer (Smashbox Photo Finish primer and Vagisil Anti-Chafe gel) will help your foundation last much longer and will make your skin look smoother and photograph better. Also, don't do anything to trendy or bright. Keep your hair and make-up classic and natural looking. You don't want to look at your wedding pictures 20 years from now and think "WHAT was I thinking?!" Good luck on your wedding day :)

They usually don't charge you anything if you purchase a few items from them. I would recommend buying around $100 worth of merchandise to compensate them for the service. I have had my makeup done with them numerous times but always bought something from them. I would recommend getting the lipstick and the powder that they put on you so that you can touchup throughout your wedding day. You can spend $100 easily there. Their fibrelash mascara is awesome and their studio fix powder rocks. Good luck and I hope you love your makeup. MAC has never let me down.

p.s. I wouldn't imagine getting just the makeover for more than $50 if you dont buy anything...ask ahead of time...thats normal.

I used MAC makeup for my wedding. They have a special Photo ready makeup used for model shoot and the like. It was excellent, though I never had cause to use it again (it was quite heavy).

I hired a makeup artist to do our makeup along side the hairdresser though. You'll have enough going on without having to go traipsing through the mall on your wedding morning. Cheesy, too.

• Cat G

They don't charge, but you have to buy a minimum of $55 worth of merchandise. Its really a great deal because you get makeup to take home with you too, not just for the day!

• Well, they are not cheap.. but very high quality. You don't have to go with brand name though. You can find a reasonably priced makeup artist (try weddingwire.com) that uses airbrushing. Airbrushing the foundation gives you a flawless finish and it doesn't have to be top notch makeup.

-Leann

leann@budgetdesignerflorals.com

wholesale flowers, design & more