Why do people say "It doesn't matter what the person looks like on the outside?"...?

...."it's the inside that counts."? Obviously, personality and how a person treats you are for most people, going to be the number #1 things they look for in a spouse. However, don't looks account for SOMETHING? Let me ask you this: if you met the greatest person in the world... show more ...."it's the inside that counts."?

Obviously, personality and how a person treats you are for most people, going to be the number #1 things they look for in a spouse. However, don't looks account for SOMETHING?

Let me ask you this: if you met the greatest person in the world personality-wise...but...you had ZERO sexual attraction to them, would you still marry them, if they asked?

No, looks aren't everything. But is it worth it being with someone who has a great personality, but towards whom you feel no attraction, and will never satisfy you sexually?

Curious what people think about this one. I think people are being somewhat hyppocritical when they say looks don't matter. I think what they MEAN to say, is that looks DO matter...but they're just not the most important things (like personality).