Is google desktop search any good and does it pose a security risk to my computer?

Hi there, I have Windows Vista Premium on my computer system as my OS, which has an integrated Windows Search feature, which i tend to use a lot. However, a friend of mine told me about Google Desktop Search, and she said that it is better than the integrated search in Windows Vista. So I was wondering if... show more Hi there,
I have Windows Vista Premium on my computer system as my OS, which has an integrated Windows Search feature, which i tend to use a lot. However, a friend of mine told me about Google Desktop Search, and she said that it is better than the integrated search in Windows Vista. So I was wondering if someone could tell me which is better and what they would recommend

Windows Vista Integrated Search Feature, or
Google Desktop Search

Also, if I download Good Desktop Search would that mean that I would be putting my computer at risk of been hacked or contracting a virus or something like that.

Really I was just wanting to know if the Google Desktop Search feature is any good at all or if my friend was just saying that because she uses it and if it poses a security risk to my computer

Hope someone can help me out and answer my query

Thanks so much in advance to anyone who does answer this with an intelligent answer

Jay
Update: OK just in case anyone read my question wrong, I dont mean the "Google Search Engine" I mean the "Google DESKTOP Search PROGRAM"