why are people against immagration?

I am a legal amercan born and raised but.To all the people that have left comments, to my understanding you guys talk about racisim, like it's only mexicans and only one culture? their are different kinds of cultures, ethnicity,and also different kinds race comming to america to better themselves, for a better life style an a better enviornment. im sure immigents wouldnt want to come to america to distory or harm the way americans live. why would they? just because mexico is the closest county to the u.s. doesnt not mean that they are the ones trying to invade our econmy. just think about it? our county runs on immigrant's. many different kinds cultures worked for very low wages that americans wouldnt settle for. im sure you guys as americans wouldnt want to pick different kinds of fruit or do any hard labor as an everyday lifestyle. when you guys talk about immgrants taking government money(taxes). to me their are also americans doing the same thing. and it's not only one race, it's all diversitys together. that's just my opinion as an american comming from a all positive point of view. if you would like to wrtie back or state your opinons on what you think. god bless!

• Runa
    Favorite Answer

Immigration in the United States, is, always has been and always will be a red herring. Right now you are hearing a lot about it because of the current presidential election -- primarily to avoid talking about real issues like Iraq, in my opinion -- but it is brought out each time some politicians need to divert the issues away from the primary ones and exploit the latent racism that always lies beneath the surface in America. As soon as the election is over, it will cease to be an issue of any importance until the next election. You watch.

People fuss about illegal immigration, but make no comment about the fact that the processing fees have quadrupled since about 2001, causing many migrant workers to come to the US illegally rather than seeking legal passage as they had before. It is also seldom mentioned that American businesses actively encourage illegal immigration and violate the human rights of illegal immigrants. Let's face it, if there were no jobs in your country or people willing to hire illegal labour, the problem simply would not exist. If you are *really* serious about stemming the tide of illegals, try this: Implement a mandatory ten year prison sentence for any employer knowingly hiring illegal labour. Blam! Problem solved. the reluctance of Americans to take responsibility for their encouragement of this problem goes unchecked and unacknowledged. A thousand fences couldn't stop people if there are employers willing to hire them. In the process, they pay taxes and so on, but are denied the benefits of citizenship, and often have little recourse to police protection or exploitation by their employers, who can hold their illegal status over them like a weapon. If these workers were really needed, then the companies who want to hire them need to sponsor them properly like they do with skilled workers and get them visas and pay the fees for them to work here.

There needs to be border control to monitor for cases of drug trafficking, human trafficking and so on and of course, most Americans would prefer that the capital earned in the US stay in the US rather than being sent back to support families elsewhere, but at the heart of it, the news and politicos are exploiting Americans native racism while all the same intentionally avoiding doing anything genuinely active to solve the problem since by exploiting this source of cheap labour it saves millions of dollars to American employers who would otherwise be forced to pay decent wages, insurance costs, etc. This will never end. Why pay more for native labour when you can abuse foreign workers?

Illegal imigrants are called ILLEAGAL for a reason. Untill anyone has a card they should not be able to come here. Speaking english should be a requisit. You come to America you speak American. Untill 10 years ago our town had no minorities.The canning factory had hired some mexicans here on a visa. There were two groups, the good and the bad.When the factory shut down the good asked at a town meeting if they could stay. They wanted to be welcome. they are active members in the school and community. The bad also stayed. Nobody goes into there block at night. Theres now drugs and fights and almost always starting from the "bad"mexicans. The problem is those that don't try or want to do what they did in there country. The kids learn english in school but the parents don't want to learn. Or the goverment helping out the hmong who illegally came here and let them get away with crime because they didnt know cuz its ok in there culture. thats all bull! My grandparents came to this country where we can trace when they landed on Ellis Island. They worked very hard to learn English and laws of America and never got any help from he goverment. My dad and uncles fought in Vietnam and one in gulf storm. It is easier for an illegal to get health care then them and they fought for our freedom and what everyone else wants to get here. If they want to stay fine give them 3 years to prove them self. Let them find there own work and pay for there own english classes. No Im not prejudice, I have many friends from many different cultures but all speak english and will take there hat off to the flag.

• Let Me Answer You Like This, It Is Wrong For Any Person Whether They Are Mexican Or Not. I Am Not A Racist At All I Think Its Wrong To Be A Racist, But You Should Not Enter Any Country illegaly. If You Follow The Regulations And Rules And Everything It Is Fine To Come Into Another Country But Our State Needs To Set Some Rules About illegal Immagration And Im Not Trying To Be Rude But Its Still Wrong.

immigrants lower lower the wages and living conditions of Americans because they come over here and take our jobs for less than mini um wage when they should be in there own country petitioning there own government to increase the living conditions. Mexico has at least 10000 miles of tropical oasis beaches and yet the government cant gather enough revenue from tourism to stabilize a thriving economy? There's no reason why Mexico cant be the richest nation on earth. South Americans should stay home and make a better life for there kids by protesting there governments like Americans did instead of abandoning there race and nationality by going to another country. Have you ever seen an illegal Mexican that brought his family? NO there always single seemingly. Every Mexican I meet has no family with them. And you mentioned American wouldn't pick fruit but your wrong. There are plenty of College and high school student who would do this labor for lower wages.The problem is that when a Mexican make 6 dollar per hour they pay no taxes and therefore make a full 6 dollars per hour.If a American high school er make6 dollar per hour then after taxes the net will be less 4 dollars if even that. You can pay an American 10 dollars an hour and a Mexican who makes6 dollars an hour will make more than the 10 dollar an hour American. That pathetic!! I remember in High school summer vacation I tried to get a construction job in Charleston,SC and they wouldn't hire me because they were looking for someone who spoke some Spanish and some one who would do electrical work for 7 dollars per hour!! I work for a company that pays me 19 dollars per hour starting out and that was last year. People who say immigrants take only jobs that people wont do are full of crap!. If they made Mexicans pay federal income taxes then you'd quickly see how they would call it racism. Mexicans should stay home and make a better life at home and only come to America to visit and sight see!If immigrants are intent on abandoning there homeland and working to make an American dollar then they should have to help pay the national debt like Americans do by paying state and federal taxes.

I used to be very opposed to immigration, and in particular I was opposed to Mexican illegal immigrants. Then I went to Mexico and lived there for 10 months. Now I will never complain about Mexican immigrants, legal or otherwise. Mexicans are calm, polite, honest, hard-working people, and they are welcome in my country anytime as far as I'm concerned. They literally fed, housed and clothed me while I was there. If anyone does not like Mexican immigrants, I challenge them to come and stay with Mexicans (not the touts, but everyday Mexicans). You will change your stance.

Now then, to answer your question directly, people are against immigration because they know that the culture of the USA will change and they are also upset over the idea of illegal immigrants getting free schooling, free medical care and free social services. Despite what I stated about my love for Mexicans, which is all true, I still believe that these are valid points which should be taken seriously. Also, it is still unfair to those who came in this country legally when an illegal can stay as well without penalty. Even though I myself will not complain about Mexican illegal immigrants, I do think that the legals have a point if they are upset over the illegals getting the same considerations that they got legally.

Well I'm not American, I'm English so we get alot here aswel. Immigrants don't bother me- illegal immigrants do.

We need immigrants to keep the country going because so many people are leaving England and they bring jobs here. The only thing I find annoying is when people haven't bothered to learn the language properly first, and never understand you when serving.

Also, the population is getting high here. They're having to bunch houses together because so many people are coming in. I think there should be more restrictions.

I think Americans are too concerned over keeping immigrants out. We do need them here, even illegal types to some degree...they're keeping our economy much stronger, taking jobs we often don't care for and spending more than we usually do (latins spend the most money when they shop)...and we know they need the opportunities. Its very hard living in Mexico and other countries..we should be glad to help them instead of restricting so many

By the time the Roman Empire died in 476 AD, few noticed, few cared and few stood up to do anything about it. If you look at America today, exactly the same events that collapsed the Romans accelerate within our borders in the early part of the 21st century.

99% of the citizens of the United States are not against immigration. We are against ILLEGAL immigration. And yes, contrary to what liberals want you to believe we realize that illegals are here from MANY other countries other than Mexico.

• Because AMERICA..is not a free country reely