What is my IP or IP;s stand for?

I cannot answer these questions when asked,

Is the I.P. are of my computer , the numbers in the heading of my e-mails.

I feel so stupid as I should know

Favorite Answer

you can go to - www.whatsmyip.org to get all the info you need..

An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a numerical identification (logical address) that is assigned to devices participating in a computer network utilizing the Internet Protocol for communication between its nodes.[1] Although IP addresses are stored as binary numbers, they are often displayed in more human-readable notations, such as 192.168.100.1 (for IPv4), and 2001:db8:0:1234:0:567:1:1 (for IPv6). The role of the IP address has been characterized as follows: "A name indicates what we seek. An address indicates where it is. A route indicates how to get there." [2]

IP stands for internet protocol......may also stand for Internet Provider, aside from the more appropriate ISP(internet service provider).......IP address is an identifier........just get the more ovious significance IP and youll be well on your way.

Your IP address can be found:

(Using PC)

Under command prompt: (RUN -> CMD)

type IPCONFIG

(Using Mac)

system preferences->network