promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
ZaZa asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

DUBAI:Credit card fraud/hacked please help me:REALLY URGENT...?

we are from dubai n my husband used his credit cardfor online payment(utility bill payment)that was one week before...today he recieved a call from bank telling that they are hqving a doubt about a fraud in his creditcard like somebody got his creditcard details while online payment..and he used ti for skype,yahoo,click n buy..tehy told him that they cannot reveal the details now..fraud department will giv hima call within 3days..what should we do now?lodge a police complaint?or should we wait for three more days?is it possible to catch the criminal?am so panic...i asked him to give a call to banks toll free number and get the statements...we have to pay the amount?or will they refund it?please answer this really urgent...how long it will take for verification..

Update:

I need an answer ASAP..pls dn hesitate to write..

Update 2:

thanx for immediate response...we called the tollfree and they told that they its a fraud they called the merchandise(companies where the criminal used to buy things)and blocked the purchases..he spend around 2700 dhs...(thank god)..it wil be refunded.. :)

once again thanks guys ...and am choosing the first answerer as the best ans..since hes from dubai n a bank employee...but will giv thumps up for the secnd answere..

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi I am working in a bank in dubai, Using your card on internet is always tricky you have to make sure that which ever site you go and pay it should start with Https:// not just http:// which is not secure. Do not wait for the bank to call and tell you about the fraud, The first thing you should do is call the bank and ask them to block your card immediately for electronic use , The criminal can be caught if he has used skype and click and buy, it will take time but it is possible, and tell your bank that you will be lodging an official police complaint if they do not take action in 24 hours and let you know the damage occured.Verification process differs from bank to bank, But you can force them to speed up.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 6 years ago

I looked across the net and came upon loads of trash. Nevertheless this was usefull for us: loaninstantsolutions.us-

RE DUBAI:Credit card fraud/hacked please help me:REALLY URGENT...?

we are from dubai n my husband used his credit cardfor online payment(utility bill payment)that was one week before...today he recieved a call from bank telling that they are hqving a doubt about a fraud in his creditcard like somebody got his creditcard details while online payment..and he used ti for skype,yahoo,click n buy..tehy told him that they cannot reveal the details now..fraud department will giv hima call within 3days..what should we do now?lodge a police complaint?or should we wait for three more days?is it possible to catch the criminal?am so panic...i asked him to give a call to banks toll free number and get the statements...we have to pay the amount?or will they refund it?please answer this really urgent...how long it will take for verification..

• 1 decade ago

If your card was used fraudulently then you will not be held liable for the charges. Also if you have a 1800 number on the card call it now and cancel that card immediately. Also first thing tomorrow make a police complaint.

Source(s): Know this from previous experiences.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.