I am an officer in the AF and want to date an enlisted who just got out of the national guard.?

Is there a specific time limit on how long to wait so that it is not fraternization? Are they in the inactive reserves for several years. Does this matter?

Can active duty officers date National guard who are not in their unit?

Best Answer

I knew officers that were married to enlisted people. They were not in the same unit.

that is actual. The Air stress canceled the non rated OTS boards for 2010 NON rated, propose all non flying jobs ( pilot, wrestle equipment officer, etc ) 2. The Air stress has not introduced in the event that they'll carry non rated OTS boards in 2011 yet, So staggering now, that is a wait and spot technique. 3. Enlisting is on no account a powerful thought, in case you have already got a level and choose to be an officer. in the event that they proceed to not carry non rated OTS boards, then your purely dropping time being enlisted once you have got utilized to cost into yet another service branch. 4. or maybe though in the event that they start up preserving non rated OTS boards, the call cost averages around 12% , thats not possibly worth enlisting for 4 years for a 12% probability in a protracted time. notice: opposite to Larrys placed up, for the final couple of years, on ordinary, around 25% to 30% of OTS selects are enlisted. 09OT02 OTS Board - fifty two% have been enlisted 09OT03 OTS Board - 17% have been enlisted 09OT04 OTS Board - 37% have been enlisted

• jim

First off, the USAF is actually more anal-retentive about this issue than maybe other services. Due to the publicity regarding the 1Lt who made national news.

If you are asking this question then you know the answer. I'm going to tell you what I would tell my 2Lts.

In your specific instance if the enlisted troop is out of the NG, shouldn't be a problem.

As with others in the NG Officially.

UNOFFICIALLY, there's that little block on your OPR called "Maturity/Judgement". Remember that one? Well it would be very easy based on this behavior to check "does not meet standards". If you don't care about your career, go ahead and date someone in the Guard.

Source(s): Retired officer and squadron commander.

I'd say go for it! First of all, she got out of the national guard and yes active duty officers can date national guard enlisted soldiers as long as they don't flaunt it at military balls and such when both parties are wearing uniforms. Also since she is out, it wouldn't even be an issue anymore. Plus with you being AF and her being Army... then it wouldn't even be a big issue unless you make it to be.

Source(s): source is me - been there done that

It is not fraternization unless the person in question is under your direct command. I'm an O-3 and I've dated enlisted ranks before. No one had a problem with it b/c I was not their CO. You'll be fine.

• James

I am sure as an Officer, you have access to Military Regulations.

If she's out of the service she's out of the service. Don't advertise the fact, however.

If they are out, it's no problem at all. If anyone asks, just make sure you tell them you started dating after they got out.

It doesn't really matter anymore. To tell you the truth, my drill sgt (SFC, e7) was married to a 0-3. they got married when he was an e3, and she was an 0-1 in the Army reserves. Now they are both active.

• Fred K

as long as your are not in the same chain of command