Questions for Jewish people?

What is Ribbono Shel Olom, I think it means god What is a mashpia, principal, teacher or what What is Ladover or Hasidus Whats the difference between a Rabbi, a Reb and a Rebbe What is Chumash, Rashi and Mishnayes? What is a goyim, sounds like an insult, like calling a white person a cracker or a mid... show more What is Ribbono Shel Olom, I think it means god

What is a mashpia, principal, teacher or what

What is Ladover or Hasidus

Whats the difference between a Rabbi, a Reb and a Rebbe

What is Chumash, Rashi and Mishnayes?

What is a goyim, sounds like an insult, like calling a white person a cracker or a mid east indian a rag head.

Do jews not spank their children and have they ever. If not how do they disipline them? Make them pray, that really is worse than a spanking.

I can understand why art is concidered a waste of time to jews but are they not capable of appreciating art?

Apperently jews are not supposed to be athletes either because its a waste of time. Is art and sports concidered evil?

What makes a hebrew notebook different?

Why can't they turn the light on and off again in the middle of teh night on their shabbos or on a holiday?

I'm reading "My name is Asher Lev" and I want to understand it better.
Update: Mark, I know I can't judge a whole group by a book and thats why I'm asking questions. In the book Ashers dad conciders art and sports frivolous and a waste of time. I sort of guessed you were jewish. Thanks for your answers, they do help but why would a mashpia be in a school with boys and call Asher... show more Mark,

I know I can't judge a whole group by a book and thats why I'm asking questions. In the book Ashers dad conciders art and sports frivolous and a waste of time. I sort of guessed you were jewish. Thanks for your answers, they do help but why would a mashpia be in a school with boys and call Asher into his office to talk about his misbehavior? Please add details and answer the best you can. Thanks
Update 2: what are the 39 forbidden classes of labor or list a few of them anyway please and do the side curls have a meaning, in the book they do not.