Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 1 decade ago

Ok I'm w-h-i-t-e!!!?

I have been white my whole life and i have been called powder and eskimo. My mom said if i would have laid out thirty minutes every day this summer i would be tan but i have tried it. Any time i go into the sun i get burned and then the next day its gone and i have white bumps and tons of little freckles eew.Sometimes i lay out for hours and.... nada

Soooooooo, what should i do..? I am going into eighth grade and i don't wanna go back just as white as before!!

I have used those fake tan sprays and i have tons of streaks and it is totally un-even!!!!!!

pleasse help...???

Favorite Answer

It sounds to me like you are one of those people who have absolutely no business out in the sun. Some very pale people have allergic reactions when they are out in the sun too long--hence your white bumps. It's just a fact of life, sweetie. You just may not be a person who can tan.

I know you're young, and you won't care about anything I have to say, but I'll say it anyway because, what the hell, I'm already typing. In the long run, this is a blessing for you. Not right now, when you're going back to school and you're only 13 and you want a tan just like everybody else...but 20 years from now, when those sun worshippers are beginning to look leathery and older than they actually are, you will look young and gorgeous. They will have all these lines on their faces where they squinted into the sun...and your face will be smooth and flawless. They will be going to the dermatologist and having some suspicious-looking moles cut off and sent to a lab to be tested for cancer...and you will not. I know this is probably not the answer you wanted, but we don't always get what we want in this life. If you can't tan, so what? When you look at the big picture, it just isn't that important.

Please don't lay out in the sun without sunscreen!!

Since you have so little melanin to begin with, you have very little natural protection against cancer-causing UV rays.

The tanning salon "spray tans" turn out really well if the person giving it is experienced.

At home, I have had much better luck with self-tanning creams and foams rather than sprays. The tan comes out much more even - no streaks - and it is natural looking instead of orange.

I've had really great luck with Coppertone Sunless Tanner Lotion for an instant tan. Some of my paler friends swear by the Jergens Natural Glow lotion because it's more gradual and natural looking on their super-pale skin.

Also, I hear that pale is coming back into fashion and skin LIGHTENERS are selling like crazy right now, so you could probably just embrace your "w-h-i-t-e"-ness :-)

use Jergen's gradual tanning lotion for fair skin. Before I bought it I was reading the reviews and people were saying they saw no effect. My guess is that these people were obviously not as fair skinned as they thought they were. I tried it and love it. It gave me a subtle tan that other people may not have noticed as well. But my close friends, and I certainly did. I loved it and it gave me major confidence. Its good too because I had never used a tanning product and since it tans you gradually it gave me time to get it right. At first my toes turned out orange because I put too much on them, but I just skipped putting it there for a day or so and it faded. After about a week I was good at applying it and I definitely saw a difference. I haven't tried the one for darker skin tones yet so I couldn't tell you about that. But I would def use this if I were you. Not only does it tan you and keep you from looking orange, but it smells good (IMO) and won't give you cancer.

I'm about about as pale as you can get and have spent my entire life trying to change that. Now I have three beautiful pale children too! I now have a different view on being tan.... I guess I should try to teach my kids that it's okay to be different and that we don't have to be like everyone else. Be an individual and be who YOU are. If everyone in this entire world had the same skin color and looked the same, this would be an extremely boring world. Learn to embrace who you are and get over trying to be tan. It's not worth taking the chance of skin cancer later in life for a little color now. Good luck!!!!

trust me i know where your coming from..i cannot tan what-so-ever! the minute i go outside i turn red. the only advice i can give you is to try tanning beds but i cant promise that will work either. if your anything like i am you just get used to it..in a junior in high school and i dont have any problem dealing with it..and if ppl cant accept you then they have issues!!!

being really white is good!!! because it means you will have a lower chance to get skin cancer when you are older. i honestly like white (not racially) becuase it reminds me of porcelin which is pretty (not lesbian either)

asnd i am sorry to tell you this but that is the way God made you and you can try some things but they might not all work. i am sorry.

you can try some of the lotion stores have. they have something in it or what ever and yeah. maybe some kind of powder, like bronzer to put on your face, chest, and yeah.

i hope this helped!

good luck in school!

You need to get a tan do you do not burn. those sprays are good, just follow the instructions they give you at the salon and it should be even.

Try it! it is going to look great! oh and do it a couple of days b efore you get exposed to the sun.

You are going to love it! :) good luck!

try a tanning salon but if that doesnt work and you get called powder and eskimo laugh and say yup or make up a better word thats not as bad. like i get called an oreo but i tell them im a zebra. something like that

try other things like wearing white/black clothes (make your skin look darker.

Start using it to your advantage, most models are milky white and they make bundles.

avoid the sun since they can damage your skin.

You don't want skin cancer so stay away from trying to do the tan, revel in the fact you have beautiful lily white skin like the most famous. ie: Lauren Graham, Marcia Cross

and of course Ms Marilyn Monroe

I can't really say I'm in your exact position, because I'm naturally dark complected, but I'd recommend tanning oil (with and SPF 15). It works on all my my "pale" friends when we lay out for about 30-45 minuets.