What dog breeds does Allstate Insurance not cover in California?

I'm buying my first home and am probably going to go with Allstate Insurance for my Homeowner's coverage. Does anyone know which dog breeds aren't covered by Allstate in California?

Favorite Answer

If you already have a policy with Allstate, you should be able to look at your policy to find out which breeds will not be covered. You can also sometimes look on their home website. You can also check with an agent. If you have a policy currently and are thinking about purchasing a pet which you obviously are wondering about, I would definetly get a list in writing of uninsurable breeds. Anyone give incorrect information verbally. Cover yourself.

I might suggest one to visit this web page where onel can compare quotes from different companies: http://coveragedeals.net/index.html?src=2YAsckzmAK...

RE :What dog breeds does Allstate Insurance not cover in California?

Follow 3 answers

Best bet is to talk to an Allstate agent. I'm in California. I know from talking to a friend who is a State Farm agent that they will not cover any breed which has a reputation, undeserved or not, of being a biter or vicious, or will charge a huge extra premium for coverage. And if your dog bites someone, they may cancel your coverage even if the dog doesn't have a bad reputation.

• kosier

in the beginning, not all coverage companies have canines rules. yet for people who do, a great style of the "bully" breeds are coated. a number of those could be pits, rotties, shephard's mastiffs, dobermans, presa canarios, cane corsos, etc. once you're finding into those breeds, call your coverage corporation to ascertain there regualtions. And undergo in thoughts that those often comprise mixes of those breeds too. Aussie mom. that isn't actual. I stay in Virginia, and my neighbor grow to be denied factors proprietors coverage using fact she owned an english mastiff. She tried to get coverage with the aid of Farm Bureau. I forget approximately who she's with now, however the mastiff grow to be the reason she grow to be denied. And he does not injury a fly.

call your agent and ask them, they should be able to tell you. its good you are looking into it as most people don't until they have a problem and find out the dog was not covered. its a pretty standard list throughout insurance...pitbulls, rotts, akitas, etc.... your agent can give you the full list

Source(s): Agent