North Dakota child support trick or standard practice?

My eldest child is 19 and graduated from highschool, but my child support obligations have not changed. According to my paperwork it states children instead of child, for all accounts and purpoases I owe child support on my adult child until she is 23, is this standard practice, for a poor under funded state like North Dakots, the philippines of the United States?

1 Answer

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Different laws for different states. You need to talk with a lawyer. If she is in collage you might still be paying. Missouri, if she is 19 she is an adult an support ends. If she is in collage with passing grades you're still paying.

    Also you could contact the Department of Social services, you should have a case number for support. They will also have information pertaining to your case.

    Talk to a lawyer, it will save you a lot of headaches. I know, my support finished up this year.

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.