my honda del sol wont start?

my 1994 honda del sol wont start. i havent ran it in a few weeks and when i did it started up fine and on my way to the destination i made a stop at the grocery store and when i came out it wouldnt start back up... we tried jumping it... and that didnt work and then my boyfriend cleaned some white stuff off the batery.. and it started. we made it home and it wouldnt start back up.. it just clicks every time you turn the key.. and the lights and stuff will turn on but it wont start.. can anyone help?

Favorite Answer

yeah any auto parts store can test your battery and alternator but if they are good its sounds like it is the main relay its located drivers side behind where you pull to pop the hood is. they seem to go out when you dont drive your car and leave the windows up and its really really hot. the heat seems to mess them up....or you can try the distrubutor they go out the same way price is around $80.00-$100.00 on a main relay and a dist. is around $200.00-$300.00 so if your boyfriend is mecanical inclined tell him to pull the main relay and if he notices that is looks like the sauter on the plug is burnt then it is bad he can get on the computer and look at what a good one looks like and compare them or just replace the distubuter ...GOOD LUCK

that could be a relay, or possibly the starter itself could be fried easy way to check that is to remove the starter, which on honda cars is typically VERY easy and take it to auto zone to have it tested [for free]

Most likely it is your battery buy a new one and some new battery cables might do some good to

get a new battery, retard! That white stuff is corrosion