Uninstall Vista from Dual Booting XP-Vista Completly?
How can I uninstall Vista with its boot options from a dual booting XP-Vista system and get my previous XP only.
XP is installed in partition-1 and vista in partition-3
I have only XP & Vista Installation Disks with me.
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
This is what you need:
- Windows Vista installation DVD
This is what you should do:
1. Start your computer selecting Windows XP from the boot menu
2. Insert the Windows Vista installation DVD into your drive and close the menu that might open
3. Go to START > RUN > and type: "e:\boot\bootsect.exe /nt52 ALL /force” (without quotes, and replace e: with the drive letter of your Vista DVD).
4. Restart your computer and boot into Windows XP
5. Format the drive where Windows Vista was installed on
6. Remove two files (Boot.BAK & Bootsect.BAK) on your XP root folder (e.g. C:\)
This should remove your Windows Vista installation and make XP the default operating system.