Insulin Pumps? Insulin pumpers only please?

i was wondering for the people that use insulin pumps, what kind of pumps do you use?

i use the OmniPod, and i was wondering if there is anything better out there.

Favorite Answer

I use the Animas 2020 - and it's GREEN! lol sorry that's my favorite color... How is it with the omnipod?? I've been thinking about it - maybe switching when my warranty is up... but how bulky is it really?

The OmniPod sounds interesting - I use the Minimed Paradigm. It's a standalone pump with tubing. I like it because I can disconnect it when needed and it just leaves the little infusion set in me. It also has the Continuous Glucose Monitoring System that you can buy separately (insurance is gradually starting to cover it) that checks your BG's every 15 min. And the pump can be programmed for a variety of things, and has a bolus calculator (I assume the OmniPod does, too? Or is it simpler?).

Source(s): Type 1 for 24 years, happy pumper for 5
  • Z

I used an omnipod, and as a person with normally extremely controlled glucose (a1c 5.0!) I had a very hard time controlling myself while on the omnipod.

In my experience, the happiest pumpers I've seen were the ones using that minimed pump.

I use the Paradigm Real Time insulin pump and continous glucose monitoring system. I am a gymnast since the age of 4 and this allows me to perform like any other gymnast would without any hassels. i love it. I am 15 now. =)

We have a minimed, and I wouldn't trade it. Its navigation is very easy, and it's compatible to the Continuous glucose monitoring system, which we use to identify trends and tweak basal/bolus doses. The CGMS does my worrying for me at night, and allows us to cut back from 8-10 checks a day to 4-5. (Gina rides that "roller coaster" with BGs. She is very sensitive to both insulin and carbohydrates.) We're told that she may outgrow the extreme blood sugars over time but in the interim, we're grateful for the RT monitor.

Source(s): Mom to type 1, age 6

I have a Minimed paradigm pump, and I love it. I don't (yet) have the CGMS. I had very hard to control diabetes, and the pump has done wonders for me!

I used the Animas pump and loved it. The company was very helpful with any questions..

• I use a meditronic. I find it easy, reliable, and technically advanced. Easy to conceal, too.

I was just reading about a new one that is to be on the market soon:

http://www.debiotech.com/debiotech.html

It sounds just fabulous and so tiny also.