1) Drink a glass of water before every meal. It fills you up so you don't over eat. Also drink a glass of cold water every morning - Your body burns calories by cooling down the water to make it useful to your body.
2) Eat slowly - It takes your brain 20 minutes to realize you're full, so if you eat fast, you'll overeat.
3) Never crash diet. Don't go under 1200 calories a day. It'll slow your metabolism down, and you won't be able to receive all the nutrients you need in a day. And once you do start eating normally again, you'll regain all the weight you lost immediately. Instead, take it slow and steady.
4) Don't be a lazy bum. Do jumping jacks while watching TV, run laps around the coffee table - Just try to keep yourself moving.
5) Immediately after eating, pop a piece of cinnamon or mint gum in your mouth so you don't feel the urge to keep picking at your food.
6) And don't beat yourself up if you had a bad day! Listen to your body - If you want something, have it! Just always remember to keep it in moderation. But don't deprive yourself, or you won't get ANYWHERE.
7) Leave a couple bites left on your plate when eating. You can save calories by not eating every last bite.
8) Substitute "diet" foods for regular foods - Skim milk for whole, low-fat cheese for full-fat cheese, light bread over regular bread, reduced calorie yogurt over regular yogurt, Splenda for sugar, etc.
Check out Free Exercise Videos on Youtube