Pros & Cons for 08 DODGE CHARGER SE?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

As I understand things, the "early" Charger SE is a well-balanced full-sized unit-body sedan, with interior room close to that of Ford's Crown Victoria fleet car (still sold to rental-car fleets, corporate carpools, police agencies and taxi companies); only the trunk is smaller, at about three-fourths the volume of the Crown Vic's. Being lighter, the Charger's fuel economy is comparable to that of the Chevrolet Impala sedan and Ford Model 500 sedan (plus the upcoming Flex FWD wagon), on the V6-3.5. (I object to the V6-2.7 as a base engine, as it has a history of grave problems in the lubrication system; Dodge should have kept the V6-3.5 as the base engine and put the sixteen-plug V8-4.7 in the SXT.)

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

zoyks, of course a Camaro SS will beat a Charger R/T. The Camaro is a much smaller and lighter car. The Charger SRT8, on the other hand, will spank a Camaro from a roll.

Anyways, back to the original question, the Charger SE has a lot of passenger room. They get decent gas mileage, and handle and ride pretty good. They aren't a bad car. The cons are the RWD sucks in snow, otherwise they have the typical downsides of all large cars. If you need to room, then the Charger is a good buy.

Source(s): Been in a Charger SRT8 when it spanked a Trans Am WS6 from a 60mph roll.
  • 1 decade ago

I've spanked more Camaros, Trans AMs, Mustangs and beamers with my 07 5.7 R/T than carter has pills from a dead stop.

There are no cons with the SE the Chargers are super comfortable and a 3.5 or 2.7 has good power and gas milage for a full size sedan.

Source(s): Real drag racers don't do rolling starts.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i don't have much to say but my buddy's 07 charger is a 5.7 hemi and on the way back from a night-club we got spanked by a 01 camaro ss. it was really bad. rolling speed at 55mph we saw the driver of the camaro nodding his head and then next, the tail lights getting dimmer and dimmer as it vanished from our view.

i just hope the 08 is different from the 07.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

Do you purchase a motor vehicle for the resale cost? No. everyone who says they do is crammed with shite. Who buys something questioning approximately what is going to ensue to it on the top? "Oh no, I dont desire to purchase that sandwich, because of fact it's going to be long gone while i'm performed eating it!!" Or, "i'm not gonna purchase that shirt, because of fact that's going to sooner or later be skinny and out of vogue and it's going to disintegrate after washing it lots." in case you like something, flow out and purchase it. the motor vehicle is a marvelous motor vehicle. It rides and handles precise, is quiet, has good power(I prefer the HEMI V8), and has marvelous constructive factors. in case you do care approximately what the resale cost is, you ought to hire the motor vehicle. That way, regardless of the resale cost is, you're actually not caught with it. that's the leasing companies duty, not yours(in maximum circumstances). examine your hire and confirm that's a closed end hire. that's a motor vehicle i could purchase or hire if i became into in the marketplace.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.