I want to go to Israel?

Can anyone recommend any good deals when traveling to see Israel? If you have been what do you recommend seeing or doing? What is the first thing I need to do to prepare?

How much do you expect a person to pay when planning to go?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • dandyl
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

good idea, Israel is a great place, lots to do and see and people are friendly.i go to Israel often on visits and love it every time.

the amount of $ that you will need depends on a few things, the time of year, if u r going high season it is obviously a bit more expensive.

also where will you be staying, do you have to make your own living arrangements? or will you be staying at friends?

the first thing you have to do is decide how long you want to go for? if its longer you will have more spare time and you will not be rushed to see everything quickly.

then buy a ticket, depending on your age, get the appropriate air ticket, student tickets are great if you qualify, as they are cheaper and are an open ticket.

decide if you want to rent a car, in Israel, public transportation is great, so you don't need when traveling your own car, it just makes things more expensive.

i would start my trip in the south (eilat) and work my way to the north.

the must places are eilat, dead sea, ein gedi, Masada, go a visit a kibbutz.

in tel aviv there are many places to see as well.then head towards the north.

its difficult to recommend any deals as you didn't specify country or place of origin.

i also want to point out that Israel is a safe place, don't pay any attention to the anti Israeli posters on this site, who love to put down and bash Israel at every opportunity they have.

if you have any more questions , you are more then welcome to e mail me

hope you have a great trip

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hallelujah that you want to go to Israel. A blessed nation that you will fall in love with! You have to visit Jerusalem! I'd recommend just hanging around the city for at least a few days. Check out a good guidebook such as Lonely Planet's "Israel and the Palestinian Territories" for a lot of options. Take a day trip into the West Bank to Rammallah or Bethlehem.

Up north in the Golan Heights there are some awesome hikes you can do in the national parks. Visit the old city of Akko on the Mediterranean coast for a day. Make your way down to Masada near the Dead Sea.

Most of all, take in the culture, the energy of the people, and simply the light and love that Israel emanates.

Source(s): Went traveling there a year ago and am returning in a month
  • 3 years ago

I buy my tickets on Cheapoair or Skyscanner.

you should go visit the dead sea, the "kotel ma'aravi" in jerusalem, eilat, Tel-Aviv, Eingedi Springs, Black Hebrew-Israelite community and the kibbutzim... i have been to all Israeli sights, but honestly those were the most intriguing.

• 1 decade ago

See if you can access Egged Tours*, that's our main bus company, and sit with someone who has been here and discuss your itinerary, and you can also visit your closest Israeli Consulate. There are package tours where your hotels and trips have already been planned--ask them for prices and compare with your own itinerary. Hotels are expensive--it's always good to know somebody in the country. For this reason, you might wish to contact a few synagogues in your area to ask them about people and experiences. And it's good if you have Israeli friends whom you can inquire of...there are Israeli academics abroad at many universities.

Source(s): *See if Egged has packaged tours, and see if there is a group or friends going from your area which you could join. There are many things to see here is Israel, and if you will be in Haifa, you should visit the Hecht Museum at the University of Haifa--in fact, all or most universities have museums which are a must see! Your tour will hopefully INCLUDE THESE! By the way, it wouldn't be an all-together bad idea to learn a few words of Hebrew before coming, though you'll be understood no matter which language you speak. Eilat is a nice place to visit, and there are places which even native Israelis aren't familiar with. It is advisable and better to get your information from native Israelis.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Masada and Dead Sea, Jerusalem (Old City), Sea of Galilee and Tiberias, Haifa(Bahai Gardens), Golan Heights.

Get the Lonely Planet Guide.

• 4 years ago

Find cheap flights with isradata.com

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.