Can a dermatologist please help with seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp?

I have a friend who has had this ongoing condition for the last 4 years. She is very physically healthy with no known allergies. She has tried everything from Head and Shoulders shampoo, tea tree oils, to aloe vera gel. What can possibly stop her seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp?

• welig
    Favorite Answer

Use Ketaconazole shampoo 2% twice weekly.

Should be continuously used for two months.

After the first week start massaging in 1%hydrocortisone cream to the scalp on the day the shampooing is done after the shampoo and the hair is dry.

The shampooing should be regularily paced out once every 3 rd day.

Source(s): I am a medical doctor

Try the shampoo called "SOMA scalp shampoo". That helped, but I also had to go to a dermatologist to get a steroid liquid to put on it a few times a day. After having it for 4 or 5 years, it finally went away!! What a relief! I get it every once in a while when I am under stress and I just use that soma shampoo once and apply the steroid once and it is gone for at least a few months. The steroid name is lidex.

Source(s): had it for 4 or 5 years!!
  • baremp

No- she needs to see a dermatologist for this situation. There are spcial ointments and shampoos for this condition.

It may not be the condition you describe, only a specialist knows for sure.

She needs to go to the doctor and get a topical corticosteroid like Clobetasol and use it for ONLY 1-2 weeks at most

Go to a doctor for advice