Do you think Triple H would be as successful as he is now if hadn't of Married Stephanie?

Im not his biggest fan i can admit that but i have seen mixed opinions on this and was wondering what you all thought?

Im gonna post what i think in a min because it is too long to fit on here lol.

Anyway,

Star if you like.

He would still be successful but i don't think he would have had 12 WWE title reigns, some other wrestlers should get a chance, i dont like the way he puts them down either.

Though if he didn't marry her he won't have had it all. However, with or without Stephanie McMahon, he would have success no matter what happened. He was part of the clique, together with Michael's, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall and Sean Waltman (a.k.a. X-Pac or th 1-2-3 Kid), who had a very powerful influence in the booking of the WWF back in the beginning of the 90's. Also, no matter what we said, he was part of the "supportive cast", during the Attitude Era, just behind Rock, Austin and Foley, so he had a high status in WWE history.

But, if you see, his 5 World Heavyweight titles came after he married with McMahon. And, at least I suspect that McMahon was behind 2 or 3 WWE championships won by HHH. So, without McMahon, would he be in main event status? Would he have won as much as he has done? Probably not

So, without McMahon, would he be in main event status? Yes**

I forgot to add that in lol.

• Best Answer

I agree with what you say.

Although I've answered this question a million times, I'll answer it again LOL.

I think HHH would have been successful regardless. I have no doubt in my mind that he would NOT be a 12 time World Champion. At most, he would be a 6-7 time champion, and then running around in upper mid-card in feuds with guys like JBL, Y2J, and HBK.

I think his marriage with Steph has allowed him more backstage control and booking power much like he had with the Kliq. He has control over how many title wins he wants, but not complete control. HHH has put talent over but I'm not a fan of how he buries some of the wrestlers in the WWE. I did not like how he won last night. 1 Pedigree in a title match and that's it? Cumon....

So yeah, If he wasn't married to Steph, he'd still be over and still be successful, just not as much as he is now.

I don't think he would be as successful but no doubt he would have definitely been champion a few times. I wouldn't give Stephanie McMahon all of the credit for Triple H's success. The things I would credit her on is the length of Triple H's reign. She definitely had some influence on Vince for giving Triple H such lengthy title reigns. I also credit her on the exposure Triple H has right now. The Stephanie McMahon and Triple H angle WWE did a while back definitely gained him a lot of fans and exposure. However the following was all due to Triple H's talent. Becoming the leader of Evolution. Becoming champion on more than one occasion. Main eventing Wrestlemania's. Becoming Intercontinental Champion and European Champion.

You are so right about Triple H being a star before he and Stephanie got married,but being married to the boss's daughter wouldn't hurt his chances now would it

I'm not a fan of Triple H although like every other wrestler I do respect him for doing what he does each and every night and I don't think Stephanie had much to do with his success, He would of been just as succesful if he had not married Stephanie. Obviously being the bosses son in law will bring about more air time and more accomplishments but I do think whether it would of happened more slowly than it has, I do think he would still of been just as succesful as he is now just not as quickly

No. Seriously, the fact that he almost has as many world title reigns as Ric Flair is absolutely RIDICULOUS. I'm sure HHH would have been a world champion quite a few times if he hadn't married Stephanie but no way would he have as many as he has now...

NO WAY !! Dont get me wrong i like helmsley and all but he wouldnt be a 12 time world champ today if it werent for stephanie. I say if he hadn't met her he would be around at least a 8 time world champ by now.

He sure as hell wouldn't of had 12 title reigns. He probably wouldn't even be close to that. But I think he would still be successful, just not as successful as he is today.

No, his in ring abilities are very impressive, but there are far More talented superstars on the wwe rosters.

you've got to admit he's really got talent.

I mean, I think he could've done everything he's accomplished without Stephanie's power.

He's my favorite wrestler so I'm kinda obligated to say that. But it's true.

Yes, hes a great entertainer with the stuff hes done with dx and HES THE GAME