Is it possible for a wireless home security system to cause interference with other remote controls?

recently had a security system put on my home which uses wireless sensors. in less than a week, my remote controls for my digital cable box and tv are not working as they should. I have to be about a foot or so away from the cable box for it to work and when it does it only works for a few seconds. Replaced cable... show more recently had a security system put on my home which uses wireless sensors. in less than a week, my remote controls for my digital cable box and tv are not working as they should. I have to be about a foot or so away from the cable box for it to work and when it does it only works for a few seconds. Replaced cable box remote with a new one and still the same thing. any help would be greatly appreciated on what to do or who to call.