Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

for the know it alls, where in the Quran does it allow "female circumcision", "honor killing" ?

and "requiring 4 witnesses for RAPE"

(notice the difference between being RAPED and accusing someone of committing ADULTERY before you answer)

i've seen many people here who claim that those acts are supported by the Quran. i'm interested to learn where they got that from.

this is your chance to prove it once and for all. i'll make a deal with you, if you're able to prove this i will hereby declare my apostasy.

deal?

Tiki's

that's not a Muslim site and pleas quote the verses in the Qur'an that support those acts.

Simon!

bad translation, lack of understanding of the verses, ignorance of the historical context.

here, read and learn form the commentary:

verse 11

Truly those who initiated the slander, the worst calumny against ‘Ā’isha — mother of the believers, may God be pleased with her — accusing her [of fornication], are a band from among yourselves, a group from among the believers. She said [that these were] Hassān b. Thābit, ‘Abd Allāh b. Ubayy, Mistah [b. Uthātha], and Hamna bt. Jahsh. Do not suppose, O you believers other than the [mentioned] band, that it is bad for you; rather it is good for you, for God will reward you for it and reveal ‘Ā’isha’s innocence and [the innocence of] the one who [is supposed to have] committed it with her, namely, Safwān [b. al-Mu‘attal].

verse 12

Why, when you [first] heard about it, did the believing men and women not think good of themselves, that is, [why did] some [not] think good of others, and say, ‘This is a manifest calumny?’, [this is] a patent lie? (there is a shift here in the address from the second to the third person), in other words, [why did] you [not] assume [good of them], O band [of believers] and say:

verse 13

Why did they, that is, this band [of accusers], not produce four witnesses to it?, who had witnessed it. And since they did not produce the witnesses, those, in God’s sight, in His judgement, they are liars, in this [matter].

also please check your email.

Favorite Answer

al Qua'aran Sura 24, Light (Al-Noor)

[24:11] A gang among you produced a big lie.* Do not think that it was bad for you; instead, it was good for you. Meanwhile, each one of them has earned his share of the guilt. As for the one who initiated the whole incident, he has incurred a terrible retribution.

[24:12] When you heard it, the believing men and the believing women should have had better thoughts about themselves, and should have said, "This is obviously a big lie."

[24:13] Only if they produced four witnesses (you may believe them). If they fail to produce the witnesses, then they are, according to Allah, liars.

Please do explain to me why and how does the Shari'a use these passages to justify the Law about the rape victim as they did in the case of the Phillipina woman? Was this not the basis upon which this criticism came to be public?

Are you going to call the Shari'a a set of liars or people who willfully distort the Koran, now?

Peace.

ST

PS,

I hope that you're not going to contest that the Book, itself, as wrong; because, then, you might as well apostate.

PPS,

I've re-visited this question after leaving one hour time for the clarification and see none.

Now, perhaps we could have some light thrown upon the facts of Islamic Jurisprudence. While not going into the details of the Hanafi, Hanbali, Milliki and Salafi madhabs of the Sunni nor the Ja'afri of the Shi'a; permit me to seek one more clarification.

Is it not true that the witness of a Shi'a is half that of a Sunni, in accordance with the Shari'a? Ergo, the woman would now need to bring forth 8 Shi'a men as witness as opposed to 4 Sunni, is this not true?

And, the witness of the Isah'i [aka Christian] is half that of the Shi'a, isn't it? Hence, she'd need 16 Christians as witness, am I not right?

And that of the kaffir is even less, hence she'd need to produce 32 witnesses if they are anything other than Sunni, Shi'a or Isah'i.

Now, please do clarify how many women can bring any witness at all to prove a rape or even an adultery by the Sunni Muslim man?

Quod erat demonstrandum.

PPPS,

Of course, neither female circumcision nor niqab are mentioned in the Koran.

Please do explain why both are practiced?

Kindly elucidate as to what was the basis for the Saudi Religious Police forcing 15 girls back into the burning school building because they didn't have their Burkhas? Because, please note, niqab is not mentioned in the Koran.

PPPPS,

I've received your e-mail where you said I shouldn't act as if I know about Islam, which you've repeated here. Like I told you there, I do know the background, and, if you'd read my Answer, you'd have seen that I've indicated, already, that it is not correct.

However, the question was and is, Is the Shari'a right in doing this?

If it isn't, then aren't the Muslims guilty of abetting with an injustice?

Also, you have conveniently ignored the other points of Jurisprudence which I've given you. We know why you did not go there. Like I said, whatever we say here will not change the practice of the depravity of practitioners of Islam. You will tell me that a kaffir cannot know Islam. They will tell you that you are not a Mufassir. Hence, they will continue to do these things like the atrocities that I have detailed above.

Can you support that?

Can you justify that?

When you can't, you might as well apostate.

Because, whether we like it or not, that is Islam in action, for you.

Quod erat demonstrandum

La'akum de'enakum wa'aliya de'eni.

ST

i didn't think it said that was ok in the koran.... many muslims feel its part of their culture... thats something you cant deny

• neil s

Why should we care what a fiction book supports?

Besides, the Qur'an neither supports or denies anything, it's too vague. The Hadith are what is used to decide.