Why are so many Women converting to Islam?

According to "The Plain Truth", February 1984, in its 50 Year Anniversary Issue, quoting from the "World Almanac and Book of Facts 1935" and "Reader's Digest Almanac and Yearbook 1983", between 1934 and 1984.

Christianity increased 47%

World Population increased 136%

Islam increased 235%

100,000 people per year in America alone, are converting to Islam. For every 1 male convert to Islam, 4 females convert to Islam.

They're discovering the FACTS and not basing their decisions on biased media. They realise they deserve to know the complete unadulterated truth.

1. The Bible Convicts Women as the original Sinners (ie. Eve picking from the forbidden tree){Genesis 2:4-3:24}.

The Koran Clarifies it was Adam Not Eve {Koran 7:19-25}

2. The Bible says "The Birth of a Daughter is a loss" {Ecclesiasticus 22:3}.

The Koran says both are an Equal Blessing {Koran 42:49}

3. The Bible forbids women from speaking in church {I Corinthians 14:34-35}.

The Koran says women can argue with the Prophet {58:1}

4. In the Bible, divorced Women are Labeled as an Adulteress, not men {Matthew 5:31-32}

The Koran does Not have Biblical double standards{Koran 30:21}

5. In The Bible, widows and sisters do not inherit Any property or wealth, only men do {Numbers 27:1-11}

The Koran abolished this male greed {Koran 4:22} and God protects all.

6. The Bible Allows Multiple Wives {I Kings 11:3}

In The Koran, God limits the number to 4 only under certain situations (with the wife's permission)and prefers you marry only one wife {Koran 4:3} The Koran gives the woman the right to choose who to marry.

7. "If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives" {Deuteronomy 22:28-30}

One must ask a simple question here, who is really punished, the man who raped the woman or the woman who was raped? According to the Bible, you have to spend the rest of your life with the man who raped you.

The Prophet Muhammad Says {Volume 9, Book 86, Number 101} Narrated by Aisha:"It is essential to have the consent of a virgin (for the marriage)".

Would the Non-Muslim men reading this prefer the Women they know to be Christian or Muslim?

8. The Bible also asks women to wear veils as in Islam {I Corinthians 11:3-10}

9. Women were given rights to Vote less than a 100 years ago in the (US), while the Koran gave women voting rights almost 1,500 years ago.

Christian Scientists are declaring the Koran is from God. Click Here for stories of Christians and atheist scientists who convert to Islam and why. The Christian Bishops and Priests are admitting the Bible has tensions. Jesus is a Muslim? Click here. The list goes on and on, to hear from some of these converts, including Nuns, and many Famous people click Here. For a more Information and Statistics click Here

This is Dedicated to Past, Present, and Future Muslim Sisters, Family and Friends, to the Devil who prefers slander and hype over facts. Peace and Blessings upon All.

Courtesy of Mohammad Ghounem's Homepage

• Hassan
    Best Answer

Greetings,

I think the answer is quite evident. Prophet Muhammad(saw) said,

‘A Muslim would neither abuse nor speak bad words to, nor curse others.’ (Sahih Muslim)

Also, he always stressed the fact that men should treat their women in a fair way and never to use violence in dealing with them. He said:

‘Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should not harm his neighbors. And I command you to take good care of the women.’ (Bukhari)

Even when women misbehave, tolerance and not violence is recommended, as a way to solve the problem. The Prophet (pbuh) said:

‘No believing man should hate a believing woman, if he hates one of her manners, he should be satisfied with another.’

As a matter of fact, The Prophet was keen to make a model example of himself in treating women. His beloved wife 'Aisha narrated that he used to make a running competition with her! When she was newly married and still slim, she used to win. Then, after many years, she became fatter and thus he won. He used to taunt her saying: ‘this for that’ - meaning to revenge his earlier loss!

Women have rights in Islam, and when I hear the stories of reverted women(who have converted to Islam), they do mention about the wonderful and amazing rights they have gotten in Islam.

Peace

Source(s): More info: Equal rights for women http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagen...
  • ameen

Let me put it this way:

I am a muslim, and I realized that the better Muslim I am, the better I will be to my mother and my wife.

To judge Islam view of women, you should read what Islam says. Many of today's muslim practices are based on ignorance, or lack of education not coz of Islam.

Someone mention the rape that should have 4 witnesses:

This is not true. You need four witnesses to have the adultery punishment on the man. But, as a rape crime, it is up to the court to judge it and get the appropriate punishment, which can reach execution. Proving the case and assigning the punishment is left open to the court.

Rape was not common in old days this why you won't find clear punishment about it. Many crimes were left to the court (Ta'zeer) as conditions and crimes evolve over time.

• Kelly

They found out it is the truth, Alhamdulelah, and also they are an example allah is given to all western societies. Whom they blame Muslims that they are insane and barbaric also with no brains and people with money, so Allah is giving them an example that your own people who are highly educated and have brains and they are normal not like us Muslims..Converts to Islam. And Allah is giving signs to them to question, and then learn to reach the truth that if they opened their heart, Mega, yes people learn from their mistakes..And believe me you might as well have your own mistake one day. 517, if Islam about people with money. What do you call Jews and Christians? Poor people...go check and read which country is richest then talk. Sarah, they are insane?!! I don't think so they are called people with brain...hope you learn from other people mistakes. noel, you seam to me that you are repeating what you hear all the time without knowing or trying to understand it, let me try to give you an example some people in U.S.A take drugs, have sex with minors, even have babies when they are 15 and 16, can we say that they are all Jews or Christians , or can we say all U.S.A citizens are drug addicts and drug dealers,apito?!! again I will explain ..People who circumcise girls in these societies can be Muslims, Christians; it is something called traditions in poor uneducated societies has nothing to do with religions. And Islam is against it why? Because it deprives women from the most important thing and it is considered wrong..ok. and for the rest I won't give you lectures but you can find the meaning in your own psychiatry book glad to know you have one

The only thing I have to say in regards to this, is the korans stance that a woman requires 4 witnesses to a rape is just as bad as the bibles statement about how a rape can merely be bought off in the bible. There is not a man alive who is gonna rape a woman in front of someone, and this was added in here not to protect the woman, but the rapist.

Both Christianity and Islam both leave women wanting in their own ways, in my opinion.

Since I am a woman, of course how I'm going be treated is important to me before considering any religion.

but its not really the whole story

Your taking the passages which back up your own side of the argument.

A Christian (of which I'm not) could point out female circumcision as an example.

The Qu,an may have given women voting rights thousands of years ago but still many women cannot show their faces in public and in some cases even enter certain Muslim buildings.

The qu,an is a book the U.S is a Country the bible has no concept of Elections as Democracy was not a real issue when it was written.

We know that there are plenty of parts of the qu,an which people have used to excuse murder (honour killing) and terrorism.

So I dont think you can really justify using passages here to justify the liberalism of Islam.

Look at point 1. It's not about why women are converting - it's about why men aren't.

Point 7 is about property rights. In the social (note social, not religious) climate of those times, women were considered a commodity. That rule is so that the rapist must pay for the actions that he has brought about. It would have been very unlikely that someone would have married such 'damaged' goods and without the marriage the woman could simply have been thrown aside, worthless. The law protects her future.

Your point 8 has no relevance, which seems to imply that you have very little idea about what you have just cut and pasted. Blind faith in islam is no more attractive a proposition than blind faith in christianity.

Source(s): * no religious belief implied

Muslims made up about 0.6% of the US Population in 2001

No Religion/Atheist/Agnostic accounted for 15%

You are as deluded as the american evangelical pseudo christians. Jesus can hardly be a muslim if he died about 600 years before it was invented. It would make no less sense for someone to say Mohammed was a Mormon.

Jesus as it happens, for those who care was Jewish.

Honestly no one is going to go for the idea that Islam is a great religion for women, until it resolves those little issues it has with them as per saudi arabia where they are not allowed to drive cars, etc etc etc.

The bible has a lot of nonsensical things in it, what passes for sensible in christians tend to ignore the really stupid bits.

Such as women wearing veils, stoning people to death, etc etc.

You need to quote some more current sources. 1984 was a long time ago.

I do know a LOT of women who have converted to Islam in the past 20 years, though. I'm sure you can find more current numbers to support your claims.

Source(s): Married to a Muslim, but have not converted.

Aren't you answering your own question? Buddy, you're misinterpreting everything, and twisting it. Islam may not be so bad if it weren't for more people fighting against Al-Quaeda.

God values everyone equally unless they rebel.

Allah makes all rules with no compassion and values men more.

Only old testament women had to wear veils in the Bible, because unlike Islam, OUR God died for us, cancelling our sins out, giving us a chance for a relationship with Him.

Hmmm