Ticket for tinted Windows?

I got a ticket for tinted windows. Here's the kicker. He gave me a ticket for each Rear window! Rear windows are legal in NYC. is this possible? This same Cop stop me again, a few weeks later and did it again.Also my windows are 71% visible- Which is legal but the officer did not test the windows to show me... show more I got a ticket for tinted windows. Here's the kicker. He gave me a ticket for each Rear window! Rear windows are legal in NYC. is this possible? This same Cop stop me again, a few weeks later and did it again.Also my windows are 71% visible- Which is legal but the officer did not test the windows to show me there were illegal. So my questions are Can they just give you a ticket wihtout testing it first? aren't they supposed to prove they're dark? Also a ticket for each window? isn't this illegal. I want to make sure I know everything regarding the law before I go and fight it.
Update: I had my windows downa dn the cop stop me and made me pull the windows up, is this legal? how can he just stop me without knowing I had tinted windows and then made me pull up the windows.