Is there any difference between ANC and Y!South Africa?

The ANC was one of the proudly loved organisations during liberation. Since liberation, its popularity increased with each election. But today it is shedding support like it’s getting out of supply. Why? Because its leaders and members became arrogant and thought that they have Devine-right to rule this country.... show more The ANC was one of the proudly loved organisations during liberation. Since liberation, its popularity increased with each election. But today it is shedding support like it’s getting out of supply. Why? Because its leaders and members became arrogant and thought that they have Devine-right to rule this country. They didn’t want to listen. Everybody who disagreed with them felt their wrath. Anybody who wanted them to deal with crime, corruption, falling standards of service etc was labelled either a counter-revolutionary or racist. While the general outlook of this country was bright; while we enjoyed respect of the world, the ANC controlled government messed up. Now more and more people don’t take us serious. Their tactics lacked foresight.

Now, enter the Y!SA. First we agreed to break the rules of Yahoo. We would post anything that we thought would advance debates and information-sharing for South Africans. Yahoo, in main ignored our flagrant disregard to their rules. We then started thinking that we own the site. Some started spewing their hatred on the site. Reporting became the order of the day. Some tried to come with sensible solutions like ‘no reporting pacts’. Like the ANC, those who differed with our opinions were labelled. They were called racists, monkeys, low IQs etc. Like the ANC, we abused majority presence. It didn’t make sense that a person who consistently disrespected other races would have thumbs up while those disrespected were expected to accept insults etc. Y!SA has finally come to its knees. All because we became arrogant and failed to accommodate reasonable please from others.

I know that some would say, “but you were one of the causes for the demise of Y!SA”. Yes, I agree. But I was not the only cause, and to my own credit I was honest about my actions regarding reportings.

This should be a lesson that you can push people to a certain limit and not beyond. For those who have started a new forum for Sans, guard it with your life. Respect is imperative. I won’t join it, because I wouldn’t pretend that I’m at peace with some characters there. I wish you the best of luck. Just remain vigilant.

Finally, a quote from one ‘former’ regulars here; “…..you can still disagree in the sternest ways, but respect other members. [Your] propensity to insult Blacks doesn’t make you intelligent. Your Lynn’s findings wouldn’t obliterate your biological linkages with Africa and South Africa in particular. You may leave the country but you will always be a ‘Rhodesian born’ and South African raised ‘child’. Your roots will remain here. Maybe even your ashes would be scattered here. Live with that reality and thank your God for the life he gave you.”
Update: Cakes: I agree that we used it for other questions. That's not my problem. I supported the decision that people submitted other questions there. But it was breaking of the rules of the site. My issue is with the behaviour that came out of that decision. Small it might have seemed, that behaviour created... show more Cakes: I agree that we used it for other questions. That's not my problem. I supported the decision that people submitted other questions there. But it was breaking of the rules of the site.

My issue is with the behaviour that came out of that decision. Small it might have seemed, that behaviour created bigger bad behaviour. We behaved as if Yahoo owe us something. We were nasty to each other. We lacked the ethics of fairness. We gushed deep wounds on our soul as a people. We disrespected each other badly. When others warned us to change, we poured scorn on them. When others left because they didn't want to associate with our bad behaviour, we called them names. We are no different to the ANC. When the ANC fails to curb rampant crime and tell whites that they can leave the country, some whites failed to prevail on those who showed no respect and were racist. Instead, like ANC, told those blacks to go to hell.
Update 2: Dicko: This very attitude of yours caused the current situation. You have opened a forum to which you are a participant and a moderator. One just wonder how many threads would soon be going in there insulting blacks. And if you have not noticed (seems you haven't), I used "we" for collective blame.
Update 3: Skyli: You are truly delusional. I don't miss anybody. You'd see that most of my postings were in other sections. Even now, I still do. Your answer confirms my point that most of the regulars here had big egos. One thing I didn't mention is that most would agree with the others just because they dislike... show more Skyli: You are truly delusional. I don't miss anybody. You'd see that most of my postings were in other sections. Even now, I still do. Your answer confirms my point that most of the regulars here had big egos. One thing I didn't mention is that most would agree with the others just because they dislike the questioner or answerer. In the process they would miss the essence of the posting.
Update 4: Heavy D: I only started reporting people last Thursday, and after I said it here. Heavy D, except for Zim who went publicly to denounce that weird character (can’t remember its name), and except for Zim publicly telling Ayiza that he was being racist, I never heard any of the prominent members (including you)... show more Heavy D: I only started reporting people last Thursday, and after I said it here. Heavy D, except for Zim who went publicly to denounce that weird character (can’t remember its name), and except for Zim publicly telling Ayiza that he was being racist, I never heard any of the prominent members (including you) denouncing racist remarks directed to Blacks. All my postings against racist remarks were thumped down and deleted. Hence I took a decision that instead of complaining, would report.

I’m sorry that some well behaved people had to suffer, but think of what would have happened if we had people who could have behaved like Unathi. When Zim was out of order he pushed him to a righteous path and Zim had to apologise for being rude. What stopped us to even talk to each other privately? Our damn inflated egos. We got excited when one person rhetorically splashed expletives here. We must take collective responsibility; unless one can prove how they I tried to instil sense of respect.
Update 5: Edit. In realtion to Unathi, I meant "she" not "he"
Update 6: EDIT: Cakes: You are one of those people are respect her. Please don’t let me lose that respect. Have you decided to attack me, just to win some people who labelled you a fence sitter here? Be logical in your arguments. I REPEAT: I ONLY STARTED TO REPORT PEOPLE ON THURSDAY and I didn’t hide the fact that I’ll do... show more EDIT:

Cakes: You are one of those people are respect her. Please don’t let me lose that respect. Have you decided to attack me, just to win some people who labelled you a fence sitter here? Be logical in your arguments. I REPEAT: I ONLY STARTED TO REPORT PEOPLE ON THURSDAY and I didn’t hide the fact that I’ll do it. I also made it clear that I will inform whoever I was going to report that I was going to do it. I also said the ONLY people I would report are the ones who showed disrespect to Black people. Can you show me where you ever supported my or Ayiza or Zim or anybody’s complaints about racist attacks on them/us/Black people? For your information I reported three people and in each case, I posted notification of my decision to report them.