Is it possible to detect keylogger?
Is there anyway to know if my keystroke is being captured by some keylogger or so? I have try run antivirus and all anti spyware adware malware..I think the key logger is invisible.
- RoyeLv 41 decade agoFavorite Answer
keylogger is a spyware program. it caches your key strokes in the computer. the best way surfing the website when you use public computer, try to use virtual keyboard to key in you password. it will helps. for more information you can check
they provide free online virtual keyboard for surfing the site . pretty good
Types of keyloggers
As mentioned, keyloggers are applications that monitor a user's keystrokes and then send this information back to the malicious user. This can happen via email or to a malicious user's server somewhere on the Internet. These logs can then be used to collect email and online banking usernames and passwords from unsuspecting users or even capture source code being developed in software firms.
While keyloggers have been around for a long time, the growth of spyware over the last few years means they warrant renewed attention. In particular, this is due to the relative ease at which a computer can become infected -- a user simply has to visit the wrong website to become infected.
Keyloggers can be one of three types:
1. Hardware Keyloggers. These are small inline devices placed between the keyboard and the computer. Because of their size they can often go undetected for long periods of time -- however, they of course require physical access to the machine. These hardware devices have the power to capture hundreds of keystrokes including banking and email username and passwords.
2. Software using a hooking mechanism. This type logging is accomplished by using the Windows function SetWindowsHookEx() that monitors all keystrokes. The spyware will typically come packaged as an executable file that initiates the hook function, plus a DLL file to handle the logging functions. An application that calls SetWindowsHookEx() is capable of capturing even autocomplete passwords.
3. Kernel/driver keyloggers. This type of keylogger is at the kernel level and receives data directly from the input device (typically, a keyboard). It replaces the core software for interpreting keystrokes. It can be programmed to be virtually undetectable by taking advantage of the fact that it is executed on boot, before any user-level applications start. Since the program runs at the kernel level, one disadvantage to this approach it that it fails to capture autocomplete passwords, as this information is passed in the application layer.Source(s): www.nokeyin.com
- Anonymous3 years ago
1Source(s): Best Mac Antivirus http://teres.info/MacCleanerAntivirus
- 6 years ago
There is NO way to detect a keylogger on your computer or mobile phone. It's because of 9/11 bill that was passed. If you want to protect yourself from keyloggers watching your key strokes then you need to get an Anti Keylogging Software such as StrikeForce’s Green keystroke encryption. They are the only ones with Keystroke Encryption, U.S. Patent Office No. 8,566,608. They are also coming out with an App for iTunes and Play Store for mobile phone in March 2014. If you need more information let me know.
For the best anti keylogging software to protect you and your family
- 6 years ago
Keylogger is not alwayas possible to detect since there are hardware types of keylogger also which is almost impposible to detect and some software keylogger may be detected , there are many programs on internet to detect keylogger,
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 4 years ago
If it is a malware/spyware keylogger, use a good anti-spyware and it should detect it. There are some keyloggers that aren't threated as malware. I've added a link for you to download a great and free anti-spyware software. Its called Ad-Aware and its great for removing that kind of software. Pressing control+alt+delete and checking in the process tab you can also see if there are any keyloggers programs going on. Hope this helped. Good luck!
- 6 years ago
A quality keylogger that works with the Windows 7/8 operating system and effectively monitors your child will work in stealth mode which means it goes completely undetected while your child uses the computer. A keylogger which is designed for Windows 7/8 will monitor PC activity by displaying the previous records recorded by the Windows 7/8 operating system which include websites visited, searches which were conducted, documents which were accessed, conversations which took place on chat and instant messaging programs as well as gaming websites that include chat rooms. iSafe Keylogger PRO is a powerful monitoring software designed for parental control, employee monitoring, password and computer activity logging. It can be used to log any keystroke, take screenshot, save login password, log website visited, record bidirectional IM and SNS chatting, catch the cheating spouse, strict children’s website surfing and PC usage, deter employee stealing company sensitive data and information.
- 5 years ago
It is hard to detect since a reliable keylogging program like aobo keylogger for mac and micro keylogger are invisible. You can try to restore your computer to get rid of them.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Have a look at this website: http://dewasoft.com/privacy/kldetector.htm
You can detect keyloggers at ease with that software.
- yap_jpLv 71 decade ago
Most of the keyloggers are considered as virus so they will be detected by common anti virus applications
- 1 decade ago
yes you can detect keyloggers.
there are various programs for it on internet.
In the mean time if you suspect keylogger use virual windows keyboard in accesories.