Can panic disorder cause acid reflux?

I have been having bad anxiety/panic attacks and acid reflux at the same time. They seem to have started at approximately the same time as well. Does one cause the other? How can I treat this?

Favorite Answer

One can cause the other. It could go both ways. If you are actually having panic attacks, you need to see a psychologist/therapist. A psychiatrist wouldn't hurt either. As for the reflux -again, assuming that your diagnosis is correct, treatment depends partially on the cause so you need to see your physician.

1

Source(s): Eliminate Heartburn Pain Easily : http://HeartburnNoMore.duebq.com/?oSa
  • Joanne

I am so happy, it was only a 35 minute drive ( 70 minutes total) but absolutely no sign of anxiety or panic i shopped till I dropped - brilliant! I will now go for the next stage DUAL CARRIAGE way, probably at the weekend, with my husband accompanying me first then the solo drive, if successful the final stage of driving on motorway

Beat Anxiety And Panic Attacks Naturally?

• Scott

You need to relax because Panic Disorders can make you miserable and almost kill you.

If it is a disorder as you call it, you should speak to your doctor because there are treatments available with or without medication.

Yes....this happens to me when my anxiety is UP! Also, some med's for anxiety can worsen the heartburn, like I can't take wellbutrin, because my heartburn goes off the charts, so yes it is normal...

Yeah, sometimes your stomach gets all worked up when you are stressed or panicked. Sounds about right to me.

yes

yes it can

Source(s): doctor