Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 1 decade ago

Survival rate of this case of Leukemia?

20 year old male, in good health other than this.

Any ideas?

• HJ17
    Favorite Answer

Hi Ellie. I have leukemia. CML. Eight years ago, they told me I had one to three years to live. I take chemo every day. I don't know the type he has, but this is my advice, keep him away from sick people, our immune system is not so great. Keep his mind in a good place, let him know that he is loved and of value. Good luck to the both of you. Take care.

Her analysis incredibly relies upon on what variety of leukemia she has. maximum folk do no longer understand that "leukemia" is provided in diverse varieties, some are speedy and aggressive and are referred to as "Acute Leukemias", others are gradual turning out to be and indolent and are referred to as "continual Leukemias". Acute leukemia could be deadly interior of weeks if left untreated, on a similar time as some forms of continual leukemia could take years in the past scientific care is even indicated.

Depends what type of leukemia.

Is it acute lymphocytic leukemia or one of the several types of myelocytic leukemias?

The best place to get predictions would be from the Hematology/Oncology doctor taking care of this person. That doctor knows the precise type of leukemia.

I always spent plenty of time explaining this to my patients in these situations. Take a list of questions with you at the time of this person's next doctor visit so you won't forget to ask.

Source(s): Hematology/Oncology MD retired after 20 years experience
  • Rae

Every person is different. My baby was only given 10% chance of living and after bone marrow transplant is now 12. Keep positive and stay strong. Pray. Good luck to you.

You did not specify what kind of Leukemia that this was. I have survived the apl form of aml which I was told that this was the fastest growing and the fastest cured form of leukemia. My Hematologist told me that is I was going to have leukemia that this was the kind to have.

Source(s): personal experience