Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 decade ago

acp or usp?

i am thinking about getting a gun. hk.45 more specifically, what is the difference between acp and usp?

Favorite Answer

Actually, ACP stands for Automatic 'Colt' Pistol, of which there are several calibers from .25, .32, &.380 (9mm K) to .45ACP.

Especially if the pricetag is no object, the .45ACP H-K USP is about your best choice.

Rather than deal with amateur opinions, I have found that the professional evaluators, both commercial and independent, have given a slight edge to the H-K pistols, from tests run by evaluators from such sources as Guns & Ammo, American Handgunner, and Gun Tests magazines.

In such tests, the H-K USP models had fewer malfunctions and NO (0) failures when tested against, not only the Sig-Sauer, but Beretta, Springfield, and S&W models, as well.

I've run nearly 5,000 rounds through my H-K USP .45ACP, including Hydra-Shok, Cor-Bon, and several equivilent custom handloads, with 0 stoppages EVER, and it's tolerances haven't measureably changed since I first aquired it.

Know also that I carry my USP .45 in 'Condition One' (c0cked & locked) with a round chambered, just as safely as one can with the 1911.

The only negative factors I've dealt with carrying the USP, inherrent in the SOCOM, as well, is it's larger size, but I'm a larger guy and LIKE the more impressive size, and the limited availability of carry systems, but I carry concealed in my own unorthodox manner, anyway.

Source(s): Legal Arizona CWP armed citizen, w/ H-K USP .45ACP Life Member: N.R.A. & G.O.A. Former U.S. Marine 4x Rifle & 2x Pistol Expert:U.S.M.C. Firearms owner,including Luger P-08, H-K, Glock, S&W, Colt, & Walther pistols. 35+ years reloading metallic pistol and rifle ammo

The .45 ACP is what the .45 cal USP shoots.

.45 Automatic Colt Pistol is also known as .45 Auto

The HK45 is just the latest incarnation of the USP line of pistols by the German Firearms company, Heckler and Koch. Many gun owners treasure their HKs above their other weapons. The .45acp is one of the most popular handgun cartridges ever.

The USP line of pistols are all very durable and accurate. They are among the most sought after pistols around.

From Wikipedia:

"The HK45 began life as a now-defunct project to create a Heckler & Koch 1911-style pistol with Larry Vickers, an ex-Delta Force operator, and Ken Hackathorn.[1] Though that project was cancelled due to the market price of such a weapon, their contributions led directly to the HK45.

"The HK45 [was] developed to meet the needs of the most distinguished, elite U.S. military operators."[2] As such, the HK45 was designed to meet requirements set forth in the U.S. Military Joint Combat Pistol program which had the purpose of arming the U.S. Military with a .45 ACP semi-automatic pistol instead of the 9mm M9 pistol. The Joint Combat Pistol program was suspended indefinitely in 2006, and the M9 pistol remains the standard issue handgun for the U.S. Military. Even though the Joint Combat Pistol program had ended, HK decided to make the HK45 available to civilians and law enforcement/military groups to purchase.

The HK45 represents an evolutionary advancement of the Heckler & Koch USP. It is available in the same ten variants as the USP. The HK45 is a full size model pistol, but significant effort went towards making it more ergonomic than the HK USP full-size chambered in .45 ACP by incorporating features found on the Heckler & Koch P30. These include an extended slide release, a textured ergonomic grip with finger grooves, and interchangeable backstraps to fit differently sized hands.[3] In order to accommodate the smaller, more ergonomic grip, the HK45 has a magazine capacity of 10 rounds versus 12 rounds of the USP. The HK45 also added grip serrations on the front end of the slide, a Picatinny rail in front of the trigger guard for mounting accessories, and an O-ring polygonal barrel for increased accuracy.[4]"

Source(s): Experience Wikipedia

H&k 45 Acp

H And K 45

The H&K usp is a .45acp. USP stands for

Universal Selfloading Pistol

and ACP stands for

Automatic Colt Pistol

You can actually purchase a H&K usp chambered for .45acp also known as .45 auto.

P.S.

my bad Griz. Thank you.