Bible stories?

i am doing vbs with little kids like kindergarten to third graders and i just wanted to brush up on the important bible stories!!

thanks!!!

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

A great book to read bible stories out of for little kids is a book called , " Bible Stories" by: Arthur Maxwell. There is also, "The Bedtime Stories" You can check these out at this link...

http://www.thebiblestory.com/images/title-about_tb...

• 1 decade ago

Why not try stories they don't know? Children should be well-rounded in their Bible knowledge. Their growth shouldn't be stunted by repeating things continually that they already know, I'm not saying the famous stories of the Bible shouldn't be taught, but there are other stories children should know, like the one about the dead man coming to life after falling on top of a dead prophet's body, or the prophet who disobeyed God and was eaten by a lion. Those stories still fascinate me as I'm sure they would little children.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Bible story from 2 Chronicles 20:1-30. When 3 armies invade Judah, King Jehoshaphat knew that God would protect his country. He marched the army out to face the enemy led by a choir singing praises to God. But there would be no battle that day. God had already given them the victory!

• 1 decade ago

I have found that the parable of the four kinds of ground where seeds are sown has a powerful impact.listeners can decide what kind of soil they want to be.The story about the workers who got the same wage reveals a noteworthy kingdom truth.The Good Samaritan story provides the 'universal' neighbour. Whatever stories you choose, make them applicable to today so that it will not be just a 'nice' story. Business people state the benefits of their products. let the children 'see' through practical application what is in the story for them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Be careful there. LOL. There are some adult rated stories in the Bible. David and Bathsheba? He sees her naked, bathing, and lust after her and kills her husband later. Samson chasing the prostitutes. Lot's daughters got him drunk and had sex with him. King Saul killed those Priest of God. God tells Moses and Joshua to uttterly destroy the Canaanites. And you wouldn't want to to tell kids in VBS that Mary, the mother of Jesus, was most likely 14 years old when Jesus was born.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The story of creation. Take the first three chapters in the Bible but make it simple enough so that you don't have to tell them about the curses---that might be too much for them.

Or you can tell them about Joseph---there is a lot in Genesis about him. He is the first son of Jacob and Rachel. His half brothers sold him into slavery but God delivered him and he became the ruler of Egypt. Genesis thirty:twenty-two through thirty seven and thirty nine through end of chapter 5O.

• 1 decade ago

2 many 2 name but u can google popular or important bible stories

• 1 decade ago

The Prodical son, make sure yoou include the son's brother, & Saul being blinded on the way to Damascus.

• 1 decade ago

Samson and Delilah, http://www.keyway.ca/htm2002/samdel.htm

King David, Joseph and the Pharaoh, Noah and the ark, Abraham and his son Issac, Lot and Sodom and Gomorrah

• 1 decade ago

"From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on the way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up, baldhead," they shouted, "go up, baldhead!" The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two she-bears came out of the woods and tore forty-two of the children to pieces. "

2 Kings 2:23-24

That oughta instill the proper amount of fear in them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.