what do tattoo artist use to transfer the drawing onto skin?

Favorite Answer

>>>>>>>They use a stencil. Hours can be spent tracing or they use a machine called a thermal-fax that creates a stencil of your tattoo and this stencil is laid on your skin and then your tattoo artist has his outline to ink on ya!

Here is a link that show this step! Good Luck!

http://tattoo.about.com/od/tattoo101/ss/tattoo_pro...

Some use carbon paper. This is where the design is copied onto one layer of paper, over a sheet of carbon paper. The design of the tattoo is then on the underneath of this paper. Once the skin is cleaned and prepared a little solution is applied to the skin and this transfer is pressed on to the area. This leaves a bluey-purple print of the tattoo design on the skin which the artist then draws over with the needle.. Other artists will have a special pen that they use to freehand a design on to the skin, making any alterations as they go. Again they then tattoo over the lines. Really good artists can just tattoo straight on to the skin if you trust them enough, my artist did that for me because he wanted to suprize me with my rib cage tattoo.

They use a special paper called transfer paper. They draw a design with marker on this very thin paper and wet you skin then when they set the paper and apply a bit of pressure the design transfers from the paper to your skin. Then they have you look at the size and placement and if everything looks good they start the Tattoo.

they put the design backwards onto transfer paper and then put the transfer paper to your skin, get it a little wet and then take the paper off.

well i have seven tattoo's, if your asking how do they get the object you brought to him on paper to on your skin? they scan it on this scanner an out pops out an outline of the same thing except its like one of those temporary tattoo things of the outline you want. they stick that on your skin an smooth it down, peel away they paper an the object is on whatever part of your body you chose to put the tattoo on, so then they trace the outline an then add the color detail according to whatever object you gave them....hope this helped

Source(s): have 7 tats

transfer paper, My husband actually draws it onto the transfer paper.

Source(s): husband is a tattoo artist.

i had a friend do a tat for me, and he rubbed deodorant on my skin then pressed the drawing on my arm. i don't know if that is what they all do, but it's what he did with me.

they draw what u want on u then they make sure u like it and then they use a needle to put the ink into ur skin. doesnt sound like fun to me!

mimeograph paper and it's only availiable at a tattoo supply wholesaler.

They take the machinne with a quick picking neddle and insert the ink ouch....