Does marijuana help tourettes?

My sister has very severe tourettes. She is 20 and is unable to work or provide for herself because of it. She still lives at home and has no social life besides her boyfriend which is she has run up her limit with im sure. I just wanted to know because i heard this one if marijuana or alchohol reduces tics? Ive... show more My sister has very severe tourettes. She is 20 and is unable to work or provide for herself because of it. She still lives at home and has no social life besides her boyfriend which is she has run up her limit with im sure. I just wanted to know because i heard this one if marijuana or alchohol reduces tics?
Ive tried to be there and talk to her but i can only take so much of the loud screeching, i feel so bad about it. Her medication makes her sleep all day and lethargic unable to do anything.
Update: We dont want to take risks on the brain sugery due to the very expensive cost, and her personal health
Update 2: i dont want her to be a pot-head either i just wanted to know if this might be true please dont misinterpret my question