jbrandtc asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 1 decade ago

If Curtis Martin could do it in 2004, can Thomas Jones do it in 2008?

Crash's answer to the "the best fantasy season for an RB over 30": http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AgcpK...

brings me to my question:

Curtis Martin ran for 1,697 yards and 12 TDs with a 4.6 YPC average...at age 31.

Thomas Jones is 30, has a better offensive line and, arguably, a better core of receivers to keep opposing defenses from stacking the box.

Dare we say 1,500 yards and 10 TDs?

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!

Favorite Answer

Let me start off by saying that I'm a Denver Fan who dislikes the New England Cheatriots for their "injury reports" and other cheating.

I think that Thomas Jones going late round 2 in 2008 fantasy drafts, behind that O-Line with all the mid-range targets for the accurate and currently uninjured Chad Pennington, translates into a pile of fantasy production that's got my vote as the steal of the drafts this year.

Jones is a great sleeper pick this year. The Jets have made major moves to bolster their offensive line. Also, don't forget about the fact they added Pro-Bowl lead blocking FB Tony Richardson to the mix as well. 1500 yards and 10 TDs is NOT out of the question. Here's hoping Jones stays low under the radar.

Source(s): FootballDocs Fantasy Football http://www.footballdocs.com "Where the geeks meet the gridiron."

I say why not? Everything you said is correct and he had 1000 yds last year with none of that. He is definitely on my radar. He has done well everywhere he has been since Arizona, and well lets just say that was not a very good team.

he isnt going to do it

face it the jets are going downhill this year:(

they need a QB because eveyrone is going to be looking for the run so jones will be shut down hard

who agrees?

Good luck with that. I certainly won't be betting on that happening however.

Well actually.....the bills are going to shutdown the division this year so sorry man :(