?
? asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Why is Cindy McCain's drug addiction discounted?

When living in S Carolina in 1999, I received a phone call from a polling organizaion asking me how I felt about Mrs McCain's drug "addiction". I later learned that this organization was working for Dr Karl Rove who was Gov Bush's campaign manager in the Republican primaries.

I thought little of it until the issue came up again in the current campaign.

While I may have trivalized Mrs McCain's drug dependency, Great Americans like Dr Rove and Gov Bush did not. They did not want the White House turned into a Betty Ford clinic.

To the best of my knowledge, neither Dr Rove nor President Bush have reputiated their claim that Cindy McCain was, in effect, a druggie and so inappropriate for First Lady.

Real Conservatives, like Dr Rove, "W" and Rush Limbaugh take a hard line on pill poppers and we should respect their sage wisdom.

If the claims of 1999 were true and, according to the "zero tolerance" set by heros like Rush, Mrs McCain must forfeit her title if Mr McCain wins.

Favorite Answer

rush bimbo discounted it

To the best of my knowledge, neither Dr Rove nor President Bush have reputiated their claim that Cindy McCain was, in effect, a druggie and so inappropriate for First Lady

My friend, you MUST consider the source. Jack bottom --Karl Rove is a , a, well, there are no words....... he is no one anyone should ever believe. Where have you been?

I take it you have never customary a individual who suffered from habit.opposite to what you would be able to have faith, thousands and thousands of people are "useful" addicts.They paintings finished time jobs and meet their duties relating to relatives,acquaintances,young ones etc. habit isn't how lots of a drug somebody consumes,yet truly how the drug impacts them. a individual with an alchohol habit could in common terms drink one time a month or a twelve months---yet that doesn't mean they are not an addict--its how they react while taking the drug/alcohol. habit is could properly be the two mentally, bodily or it is the two for some people.you ought to be suprised the kind of people who be afflicted by abuse and habit which you will have never guessed do.In some strategies habit could properly be in comparison to an hypersensitivity--the extra you have the extra your physique craves--even nevertheless its consequences are undesirable for the guy suffering.

It's not discounted.

But Obama is not into dirty politicking, so you'll never hear him mention anything about it.

And btw, GWB, Clinton, and even Obama have dabbled in drugs.

So I don't think Cindy "Cruelle De Ville" McCain won't be giving up any title any time soon.

Because she got over it, adopted a baby, and started doing charity work. I'm still not voting McCain, but his wife is totally irrelevant.

the republicans are trying to keep a lid on the information about Cindy McCain.the non thinking republicans who choose to pick on Mrs. Obama are just toying with a can of worms if the whole story of Mrs.McCain comes out.this can make this whole campaign turn real ugly real fast.

• Draco

There's a significant difference betwen geting addicted to prescription drugs and making an adult decision to smoke or

ingest an illegal "drug".

Additionally, Obamas "drug" issues are more relevant....he's running for POTUS.

i wish everyone would leave eachothers families out of it and just focus on the actual person running,michelle wrote a racist paper,cindy was an addict,we get it,lets just focus on the issues already.

She's not running for President.

• Greg

Because of the insane amount of Charity work she has done.