can't delete printer from control panel, what to do?
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
1) Delete any unprinted jobs on the printer. You can't delete a printer from your system with unprintedd jobs in the queue.
2) Is it a network connected printer or a directly connected printer? If it is a network connected printer, you may have to contact your network administrator and/or delete the printer from your server, first. This is significant if there are outstanding, unprinted jobs still in the queue that were started by other computers on the network from which you do not have direct access - meaning only the original job-printing user/workstation can delete the job unless you do so directly from the server as an administrator.
3) If the queue is clear and the printer is directly connected and you have the administrative rights to delete the printer, then try rebooting your system. Don't open any applications once your system starts cleanly and delete the printer before you do anything else.
4) If you still can't delete the printer, is this a specialized installation that another application depends upon? Such as a special printer driver for making PDFs from a particular application? If so, you may still not be able to delete the printer without first or in tandem with deleting whatever application/dependencies are associated with it or with which the printer itself is associated. There are also EULA considerations.
5) Finally, if you still can't delete the printer, there is a 99.999% chance you missed one of the issues I've described above in 1 through 4.
Good luck.Source(s): MCSE, CCISP
- 1 decade ago
click on all programmes go down to your printer file click on this and then look for uninstall printer click this and then it should be deleted of your system good luck!
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous5 years ago
For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axVTh
- Click start - On the Run part, type in control printers - Click Ok That should do it.
- 1 decade ago
go into printers and faxes and right click delete it.
then go into add remove progs and uninstall if it is still there
also look in the hardware tab to make sure it has been completely removed