What's worst to do Drinking or Smoking?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Its not even close. Drinking is far worse than smoking. For example, if you had 22 cigarettes in one pack, and you smoke one pack a day, this is 22 cigarettes. If you were to go buy a bottle of 80 proof vodka and drank 22 shots of liquor or drank 22 beers, one shot or one beer for every cigarette, then you would either be in the hospital for alcohol poisoning that same day or on skid row that same week if you did this everyday for one week. If you drank a shot of liquor every time you smoked a cigarette, you wouldn't be able to work, talk, sleep right, or eat right. Not even close between the two of what is worse.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Drinking, although as several have said, it depends. There's a big difference between having a beer while you're watching the game, which is harmless, and being a skid row bum. Or having an occasional cigarette at a bar, which is also essentially harmless, and smoking three packs a day.

If we're talking averages, I'd say smoking is more likely to kill you late in life -- I believe it causes four times as many deaths as alcohol -- but that it never destroys your life or damages your brain the way alcohol can.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Statistically speaking, smoking is the greater killer..50% of all smokers will die as a direct result of their smoking.

Drinking above the recommended limit will also have a detrimental effect on your health, however recent study has show that people who don't drink at all, have a slightly higher mortality rate than those who drink within the recommended limit.

Source(s): Registered Nurse
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Smoking's a killer. Drinking in moderation is OK. Trouble with smoking it's difficult to do it in moderation as the habit slowly grows on you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

depends. Smoking what? I think smoking bud is the best thing to do because it isn't addicting and doesn't lessen your inhibition. Yes it is illegal but I still think it is the best of the three. Cigarettes is the worst. It causes all sorts of health problems, is addicting, and expensive. Alcohol is in the middle. It can be addicting and can ruin your liver and kidneys, but it is a fun time. Smoking cigs isn't fun at all.

Law

Source(s): I smoke bud and drink
  • 1 decade ago

it really depends: how often you do each, how much you drink, what you smoke, how many cigarettes a day you smoke. but both are things that aren't supposed to be in your body and take control of your body and mind--therefore, poisons and drugs.

• 1 decade ago

smoking

• 1 decade ago

smoking

• 1 decade ago

Drinking is worse b/c you'll kill yourself (or someone else) much quicker if you get drunk and drive or something.

But smoking is pretty bad too. It's slow suicide.

Source(s): Quit drinking 6.5 years ago and quit smoking 5.5 years ago!
  • 1 decade ago

Both of them are dangerous.Drinking is worse because it can destroy your brain,make you impotent and render you useless.Avoid alcoholic drinks.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.