What are your views on cheating wives vs. cheating husbands?

I found out recently that my wife was having an affair. I was devastated. I posted a question about it and a number of responses explained that she did it because she was lacking something in the relationship, that I must not have been doing something right. When a man cheats on his wife, however, people seem to... show more I found out recently that my wife was having an affair. I was devastated. I posted a question about it and a number of responses explained that she did it because she was lacking something in the relationship, that I must not have been doing something right. When a man cheats on his wife, however, people seem to react differently. He is often considered a pig, heartless, or just plain stupid. Since i found out about the affair, I have done some reading, and it looks as if 15-25% of all married women have "cheated" on their husbands at least once.

So what gives?
Cheating wife=must not have been taken care of by the husband
Cheating husband=disgusting pig.

How do you feel about this?