Working with a Relocation Agency?

I am a Realtor in MO and have been contacted by a relocation agency that wants to use me. They want to be able to offer a money back to the buyers/sellers. I know $$$ has to go through the brokers but I am looking for any advice on doing this. There are other similar relocation agencies working in this state.

They would there money only from a sale and that would have to be disclosed and paid through the broker, just looking for advice on what whold be fair to bay and any good or bad experiences

Favorite Answer

Many of these self-described "relo" companies are scams. If they want money from you up-front to "use" you, run away. True relo companies take a percentage of your commission and no money up-front. Ask for a copy of their contract.

Ross, in Minnesota as long as it's disclosed and goes only to a party to the transaction, then it is legal. Now whether you the Realtor makes any money, is a different question in this scenario.

• godged

Some relocation companies are legit. Beware though, some of the money that they want to give back might be coming out of your commission.

Source(s): Oregon Realtor