promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Working with a Relocation Agency?

I am a Realtor in MO and have been contacted by a relocation agency that wants to use me. They want to be able to offer a money back to the buyers/sellers. I know $$$ has to go through the brokers but I am looking for any advice on doing this. There are other similar relocation agencies working in this state.

Update:

They would there money only from a sale and that would have to be disclosed and paid through the broker, just looking for advice on what whold be fair to bay and any good or bad experiences

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Many of these self-described "relo" companies are scams. If they want money from you up-front to "use" you, run away. True relo companies take a percentage of your commission and no money up-front. Ask for a copy of their contract.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Ross, in Minnesota as long as it's disclosed and goes only to a party to the transaction, then it is legal. Now whether you the Realtor makes any money, is a different question in this scenario.

• godged
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Some relocation companies are legit. Beware though, some of the money that they want to give back might be coming out of your commission.

Source(s): Oregon Realtor
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.