How painful is child birth ....... really?

Dont advise any1 who is about to exp child birth for the 1st time 2 carry on reading, those who have already had children kinda already know what ur lettin urself in for!! Right, I am petrified & I mean hav fainted before @ the talk of child birth makes me feel all light headed hence 1 of the main reasons I hav nt... show more Dont advise any1 who is about to exp child birth for the 1st time 2 carry on reading, those who have already had children kinda already know what ur lettin urself in for!! Right, I am petrified & I mean hav fainted before @ the talk of child birth makes me feel all light headed hence 1 of the main reasons I hav nt had a child & would prefer c section. How painful is it really? is there a type of feeling you can compare it 2? is the pain in back or stomach? I dont understand when ppl say "push" what exactly do u do? is it like your straining 2 go on the toilet? some of my friends have come out with horror stories where they hav ripped & needed stiches (can feel myself goin faint) others hav had a easy half hour birth! wen they stich u - if God forbid you do tear cn u feel the thread bein tugged?it cant be that bad or we would nt of bn havin kids so long surely?? I do NOT hav a high pain threshold AT ALL in fact Im the biggest whimp eva. Bt its nt somethin u cn giv up on half way through
23 answers 23